PDA

View Full Version : Diana's Big Sturgeon Battle. (Condensed Version)

VineVideos
11-14-2014, 11:37 AM
http://www.irvinelake.net/general_information/videos/action-videos-now-at-irvine-lake

Videographer, Chris Mendoza, was nice enough to condense his great video of Diana's epic 2 hour Sturgeon battle.
If you haven't seen it yet, here's your chance !!

DJ

Stormcrow
11-14-2014, 12:28 PM
That was SOOOOO much fun to watch. Amazing skill on the 4lb! Thanks for the post... I wish you guys sold an annual pass for bass boats, I would buy one in a heartbeat considering im only 15 minutes away from the launch ramp.

murrieta angler
11-14-2014, 02:09 PM
At least you all got to see it..:Surprised:
I didn't know there were sturgeon at Irvine?!?
Is there a minimum and maximum size limit?
Thanks,
Robert
<><

Stormcrow
11-14-2014, 10:10 PM
I heard there are only like 2 in there...

pescadito
11-16-2014, 08:55 AM
I believe the sturgeon are CPR only. Same rules as the bass, but I could be wrong...

VineVideos
11-17-2014, 12:40 PM
I heard there are only like 2 in there...

Do they have names? I wonder which one Diana had hooked up.

muskyman
11-17-2014, 07:47 PM
There are quite a few in there actually. They were stocked before I started working there and while I was working there in the 90's. We had some 5-6 footers caught back then. I hooked one during a rain storm in the winter one year off rocky point, easy 5-6 footer. I know chuck hooked one during night fishing one year. For the most part, most of them that get hooked / lost are during the winter months, that's something I have always noticed. West shore is a magnet for them too. The bummer is 90% of them get lost during the fight as they are incredible acrobats and they have the ability to fight much longer than most species. Diana did a phenomenal job of fighting that thing, my hats off to her.

VineVideos
11-18-2014, 01:28 PM
There are quite a few in there actually. They were stocked before I started working there and while I was working there in the 90's. We had some 5-6 footers caught back then. I hooked one during a rain storm in the winter one year off rocky point, easy 5-6 footer. I know chuck hooked one during night fishing one year. For the most part, most of them that get hooked / lost are during the winter months, that's something I have always noticed. West shore is a magnet for them too. The bummer is 90% of them get lost during the fight as they are incredible acrobats and they have the ability to fight much longer than most species. Diana did a phenomenal job of fighting that thing, my hats off to her.

Thanks for that, musk. All good information.

DJ

troutdog
11-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Do they have names? I wonder which one Diana had hooked up.

Nessie and Tessie are the two most notable as they were both stocked at the same time a few years back....Tessie weighed approx. 150lbs if I recall correctly (unfortunately that fish did not make it and was found a on its last leg awhile later), Nessie as I recall was significantly larger and over 250lbs....I think Diana hooked one that was stocked back in the 90s that muskyman was referring to.

AWESOME video job Chris and to Diana for giving it all she had!

TD