PDA

View Full Version : Trout are a flipping!!!!!

etucker1959
11-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Went back to my favorite Regional Park today to make love to my catfish again!!!! They don't disappoint me like my girlfriend does. lol lo and behold here comes the DFG trout truck, now I got to see this !!!! They dumped in 600 lbs of trout and some of them weren't bad size. No fish report available because I had things to do, but man "Catfish last week and trout this week" all in a 3 acre pond. Check the DFG website and go fishing in your favorite pond. You can't beat the price, FREE FREE FREE!!!!!!

seal
11-13-2014, 05:22 AM
I'm sure your girlfriend would say "the feelings mutual".

Nice heads up saw a bunch of parks on the stocking list.

HBAR
11-13-2014, 07:44 AM
so in a 3 acre pond they dump 600 pounds? but yet in a 9 acre lake they dump 300, how does that work out? Since you saw them stock did they stock using a net or did they dump the tank?

etucker1959
11-13-2014, 11:32 AM
so in a 3 acre pond they dump 600 pounds? but yet in a 9 acre lake they dump 300, how does that work out? Since you saw them stock did they stock using a net or did they dump the tank?

They put the tube out and all the fish came out of the whole tank till it was dry. It was a little different trout stocking truck, in the past it was rounded. This one was square like they do for catfish and had only 2 tanks. I did ask the guy personal how many pounds of fish and he told me 600.

HBAR
11-14-2014, 12:41 PM
They haven't stocked hansen damn like that in 3 years now, they put in 6-8 half net fulls and say it's 200 or 300 pounds. The guy who was out like two weeks ago tells me that they are not suppose to say how much they put in???

etucker1959
11-14-2014, 02:10 PM
They haven't stocked hansen damn like that in 3 years now, they put in 6-8 half net fulls and say it's 200 or 300 pounds. The guy who was out like two weeks ago tells me that they are not suppose to say how much they put in???

I guess I just have that kind of face. lol Their biting like they put in 600 lbs also.

DockRat
11-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Hit a local park yesterday after work for 2 hours. They stocked thursday. No bites on Garlic Power Bait. Say a guy catch 4 trout fly lining a bare hook in a no fishing area. He was whipping it back and forth about 15' from shore all mouth hooked. No bait is the secret bait. Wow
DR

noleash
11-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Hit a local park yesterday after work for 2 hours. They stocked thursday. No bites on Garlic Power Bait. Say a guy catch 4 trout fly lining a bare hook in a no fishing area. He was whipping it back and forth about 15' from shore all mouth hooked. No bait is the secret bait. Wow
DR

Try a bonita type mini clear bubble....3 foot leader....dry fly mosquito pattern....light line mini spinning rod/reel set up! Worked for me at that AO I'm sure it will work for you! PS It's cool when you see them follow it then STRIKE!!:Shocked:

DockRat
11-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Try a bonita type mini clear bubble....3 foot leader....dry fly mosquito pattern....light line mini spinning rod/reel set up! Worked for me at that AO I'm sure it will work for you! PS It's cool when you see them follow it then STRIKE!!:Shocked:

I was thinking about a fly. Went back to AP today for no bites, 4 - 5:30 pm on power bait.
Might give the fly a try. Need a small bubble. My KH bubbles too big.
DR

noleash
11-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Pinning a salmon egg on the fly might also do the trick! Small white streamers or tiny tube baits are good choices for trailers also....OR.....Drink lots of Alcohol and SCREAM at them....That might do the trick??!!!!!:Shocked:

Vietgoon
11-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Where is this park at?

HBAR
11-17-2014, 03:23 PM
when son and I went on tuesday all but one fish were caught using a mice tail, dont even remember what color PB was used

DockRat
11-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Where is this park at?

We are talking about 2 parks on this thread. You have 1 post on FNN. Guys don't want to spill there guts on locations on the WWW.
Etuckers lake is east of the 605.
The park I'm talking about is west of the 605.
DR

The Walking Trout
11-17-2014, 11:48 PM
No trout dumped into Echo Park, Lincoln Park or Hollenbeck. Damn the DFG! Why say you are going to dump there and then don't! I've driven by all three parks this week twice and nobody fishing except the damn ducks!

pitman
11-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Where is this park at?

Poachers lerking the site. I've heard word of groups of "people" going to local parks and dragging nets through at night after stockings and taking everything....

etucker1959
11-20-2014, 09:29 AM
No trout dumped into Echo Park, Lincoln Park or Hollenbeck. Damn the DFG! Why say you are going to dump there and then don't! I've driven by all three parks this week twice and nobody fishing except the damn ducks!

You're probably a trout fishermen by your handle.Though I wouldn't be surprised if the county snuck in a catfish plant two weeks ago in one of those lakes and nobody is fishing for them. Food for thought!!!

Nuoc Mam
11-20-2014, 12:29 PM

Just because no one is out there doesn't mean they didn't stock it. If everyone had that mind set "I'll drive by and see if anyone is fishing, if no one, then I won't stop and fish" Honestly, I used to do that but then change my thought up. So decided one day to fish even though no one was fishing, guess what. It was limit in 5 minutes type of day. Put time out to stop and try, it could be the best decision you make that day =0)

vince
11-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Went to Huntington Lake, saw a bunch of dead carp. Old man said there were trout everywhere and people were using nets, taking more than the limit. Lots of pelicans, and cormorants. No one fishing for catfish though. I couldn't stay, might try it on Monday.