PDA

View Full Version : Striper bite at silverwood?

gonefishin82
11-12-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm considering taking my boat out to Silverwood to fish stripers, but don't want to tow and burn fuel if they're not. Are they biting this time of year?

If not when's a good time to fish them?

Sorry, I'm new to striper fishing.. Any info is appreciated. Baits, techniques etc

Dci4me
11-12-2014, 10:05 PM
I have just recently started to fish Silverwood. Guys on this board and at the lake say the bite is right at sunrise and sunset. I will say that we are experiencing a big transition right now from summer to winter. Shorter days, much cooler weather, and lately lots of overcast. Things could be changing rapidly. Seems like the sammy and jerk baits do well for a lot of guys here on this board. Any type of cut bait seems to work as well.... anchovies, mack, etc. I have even seen guys at the marina catching stripers on night crawlers.

Let us know how you do.

surfhard
11-13-2014, 01:52 AM
I caught 25-30 in 4 hours on monday... Nothing bigger then 2 lbs but it was fun. A few on the troll the rest on swimbaits. Good luck.

seal
11-13-2014, 05:27 AM
Sounds like good advice from the 2 previous posts. That's the problem with topwater at Silverwood right now, if your in a boat you have to get off the water just when they are starting to bite and when you launch topwater it's about over.

gonefishin82
11-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Great info. Are there any larger stripes being caught this time of year or the schoolies only?

Is it similar to ocean fishing - birds, bait etc... Or is there certain spots that are more productive?

carpanglerdude
11-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Sounds like good advice from the 2 previous posts. That's the problem with topwater at Silverwood right now, if your in a boat you have to get off the water just when they are starting to bite and when you launch topwater it's about over.

Watched a guy hide in a cove with his boat well past closing time. Some how the ranger patrolling missed him.

Starcraft16.5
11-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Are you able to drive out of parking lot after they close ?

parkermann2
11-14-2014, 06:23 PM
If you do not leave when it is closed you will get a ticket. But you can park on the highway and hike in any time