PDA

View Full Version : Kids Lagoon 11/11/14

Joshua
11-11-2014, 03:50 PM
My son turned 3 on Monday, so fishing seemed like a great way to spend a Birthday. Got in line at 10 PM. Camped out overnight. Met up with my nephew and his buddy.
Hit the kids lagoon first thing. SLOOOOOOOOOOOW.
Had several short bites and we determined it to be catfish. Catfish you ask? Yes,. The only fish we saw caught today were catfish and 2 small bass.
4 of the 5 in our group left wearing the stripe on the back:Skunk: This never happens to me. My son was having a great time just hanging out so the poor fishing didn't bother me as much as it normally would. Water is stupid low, water is way too warm. Had a nice overcast day but no trout in sight. I cant recommend Irvine until the temps drop.

There were several people that came by the lagoon that said the west shore was slow as well.

mryellow66
11-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the report. Thinking about doing kids lagoon fishng too, but wasn't sure.

aFISHionado1
11-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the report Joshua! I was out there too on Veterans Day. Unfortunately, the fish took Veterans Day off too because the fishing was extremely slow. I got to the lake at 5:30am and waited in line. I setup on the west shore probably 50 yards north from the fishing dock. In the morning, I only saw 2 trout caught. I believe both were caught off of powerbait. I did manage to hook up on what seemed like a pretty big trout, but lost it. Ugh! Later in the afternoon around 12:30, I saw 3 more fish caught off of kastmasters and that was it. I didn't really see any of the boaters, kayakers, or float tubers hook up either. Around 1:00pm, I moved over to the kid's lagoon hoping to change my luck as I had my kid with me. Unfortunately, the lagoon wasn't any better. Didn't see a single fish caught at the lagoon. One thing that kind of bothered me was that the lagoon had a lot of junk in it (bushes, trees, debris). Easy to get caught in all the debris and broke off a few times. Don't understand why they don't clean up the lagoon a little and make it more kid friendly. Anyhow, the weather was great and still had fun.