PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Bad Upstate NY Cop

Stinkbait
11-11-2014, 12:22 PM
http://youtu.be/1XExqABO4kc

Can someone imbed please and let me know how?

I see battery, abuse of power and illegal search. The cop resigned before discipline by the PD.
The dudes look like they are having fun! Will be collecting a big pay out soon.

DarkShadow
11-11-2014, 01:35 PM
http://youtu.be/1XExqABO4kc

But remember, not all cops are like this. Deputy Shawn Glans is one of the bad apples, amiright?

And, I do love the fact cell phones have video cameras now.

DockRat
11-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Can someone imbed please and let me know how?

Click on the 15th icon on the second row, looks like a blueish ladder or film roll. Then insert the the link.

DockRat
11-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Lol Robocop using Full Metal Jacket movie lines. LMAO

Stinkbait
11-11-2014, 07:11 PM
If you were carrying concealed and witnessed battery, could you defend a fellow citizen?
Detain said cop and dial 911?

cutbait
11-11-2014, 07:36 PM
If you were carrying concealed and witnessed battery, could you defend a fellow citizen?
Detain said cop and dial 911?

If you want to be shot dead by 29 other cops with 112 bullets, then yes you could defend

Stinkbait
11-11-2014, 08:08 PM
^^^^I know, I know.....it is just the principle of it all.

Lady Quagga
11-11-2014, 10:40 PM
^^^^I know, I know.....it is just the principle of it all.

If you were to be so bold, you'd probably want to turn yourself in to the FBI to explain yourself, not the locals (or even the state police).

pcuser
11-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Another cop stop...

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/police-agency-road-constitution/2014/11/11/id/606770/

City Dad
11-12-2014, 11:45 AM
my own experience (and I would assume many others') with Law Enforcement has been mixed. Some real aye-wholes, some stand-up guys with the majority of personality types spread evenly throughout the spectrum.

Since about my early twenties, my personal policy has been to avoid situations and actions that might lead to an interaction with Law Enforcement. You'd be amazed (or not) at how well this strategy seems to work out.

seal
11-12-2014, 11:56 AM
my own experience (and I would assume many others') with Law Enforcement has been mixed. Some real aye-wholes, some stand-up guys with the majority of personality types spread evenly throughout the spectrum.

Since about my early twenties, my personal policy has been to avoid situations and actions that might lead to an interaction with Law Enforcement. You'd be amazed (or not) at how well this strategy seems to work out.

I am always shocked that those that seem to hate all cops and think they are all bad are the ones that seem to live their lives in a manner that would invite a "situation" with them. Shocked I tell ya!

Lady Quagga
11-12-2014, 11:57 AM

Whoa wait a goddamn minute, CD - how DARE you inject rationality and common sense into this conversation?!?

City Dad
11-12-2014, 12:42 PM
God bless the police, the fire department and the paramedics... but if your day involves one or more of these services, you may have failed.

DarkShadow
11-12-2014, 01:55 PM
... my personal policy has been to avoid situations and actions that might lead to an interaction with Law Enforcement.

CD,

I've been stopped walking down the street because I "fitted [sic] the description of someone that we're looking for." I corrected the officer on the use of "fitted" and got yelled at.

I've also been stopped because I had 1 non-working license plate light, and was forced to get out of my vehicle for this offense, yet at the time, there were countless other cars passing by that had the same license plate light out. The question of "Why was I targeted?" was never answered. The question of "Does every person you stop for a license plate light violation get pulled out of their cars and searched?" was also not answered.

"Situations and actions that might lead to an interaction with Law Enforcement" varies. And THAT is the problem with this issue at hand. The fact that certain individuals' "situations and actions" are deemed more 'get pulled out of your car and get frisked' worthy' than others is my issue.

Lady Quagga
11-12-2014, 05:29 PM
CD,

I've been stopped walking down the street because I "fitted [sic] the description of someone that we're looking for." I corrected the officer on the use of "fitted" and got yelled at.

I've also been stopped because I had 1 non-working license plate light, and was forced to get out of my vehicle for this offense, yet at the time, there were countless other cars passing by that had the same license plate light out. The question of "Why was I targeted?" was never answered. The question of "Does every person you stop for a license plate light violation get pulled out of their cars and searched?" was also not answered.

"Situations and actions that might lead to an interaction with Law Enforcement" varies. And THAT is the problem with this issue at hand. The fact that certain individuals' "situations and actions" are deemed more 'get pulled out of your car and get frisked' worthy' than others is my issue.

http://i.imgflip.com/e3l2n.jpg

DockRat
11-13-2014, 06:38 AM
:No Pity:

Sergeant Shawn R. Glans was arrested and resigned Monday, days after the deputy was suspended after a video posted on the Internet captured him allegedly slapping a young man as the deputy insisted on searching his vehicle.
Glans of the Saratoga County sheriff’s department was charged Monday with official misconduct and harassment. The misconduct charge, a misdemeanor, is a the more serious offense and carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison. A judge forbid him from having contact with the alleged victim.

Read more: http://controversialtimes.com/news/video-officer-who-slapped-legal-gun-owner-over-illegal-search-has-resigned-and-been-arrested/#ixzz3IxXnwZ8M

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
11-13-2014, 11:16 AM
I respect police man. but they really need to stop police brutality!

not all but most of them think they run the ******* city

DarkShadow
11-13-2014, 11:42 AM
My question is, without video evidence, does anybody really think the officer would have received the same punishment as before?

Once again, thank goodness for cell phone cameras.

City Dad
11-13-2014, 01:46 PM
CD,

point noted.

DarkShadow
11-13-2014, 02:20 PM
point noted.

And of course, even though I play Devil's Advocate all the time, there are issues that are legitimate, this being one of them.

Individuals need to understand that, yes, skin color may have a factor on whether you get pulled over or not, simply because your license plate light is not working. I love watching COPS because I often see the "we saw this guy who we THINK could be buying drugs, and we will now pull them over because their left brake light is not functional." Never mind there are 100 other cars with a non-functioning tail lights in the immediate area that get to drive home that night.

Why is that?

That is my question here.

BTW, any hot fly spots lately?

City Dad
11-13-2014, 03:48 PM
And of course, even though I play Devil's Advocate all the time, there are issues that are legitimate, this being one of them.

Individuals need to understand that, yes, skin color may have a factor on whether you get pulled over or not, simply because your license plate light is not working. I love watching COPS because I often see the "we saw this guy who we THINK could be buying drugs, and we will now pull them over because their left brake light is not functional." Never mind there are 100 other cars with a non-functioning tail lights in the immediate area that get to drive home that night.

Why is that?

the only flys I see these day are at City Girl and City Sushi's softball games

DarkShadow
11-13-2014, 03:50 PM
the only flys I see these day are at City Girl and City Sushi's softball games

Size 18? Dries or wet?

CDC? Or are you using Elk Hair? Or dog hair?

pcuser
11-13-2014, 04:31 PM

Why is that?

Being white, I'm less likely to be harassed. However, I have black and Hispanic friends. To a man, they all get stopped routinely for just driving. The sad part is, there is a simple solution for much of the problem. When police are required to wear body cams for all interaction with the public, these problems magically disappear. It also protects the cops from false claims of abuse. As an added benefit, criminals can't lie about something on tape. It's a win-win situation. But, guess who doesn't want to be taped... the police.

DarkShadow
11-13-2014, 04:46 PM
But, guess who doesn't want to be taped... the police.

And isn't that funny? The moment their actions are recorded, suddenly issues seem to dissipate?

As you said, you'd think all law enforcement would embrace being recorded, just to eliminate false claims of abuse.

But it's interesting on how some law enforcement agencies have drones and military vehicles, but yet have no funding to purchase dash cams or personal body cams for their officers?

Do I really need a bomb proof tank? It's not like the Dodgers just won the World Series or anything.