PDA

View Full Version : Fri at perris

TED MILLS
11-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Hey guys, I had a good time at the lake the other day, for a change I fished the bank, have not done that in over a year.
Had a few small bites, I was near the small pier at Sail Cove, another gentleman joined me and we did a lot of talking,
Going out tomorrow in my Float tube, no more week ends fishing for me

Ted

fishmounter
11-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Sometimes the conversation is better than the fishing! It all depends on who you're sitting next to. I've had some of the best bank fishing while sitting next to my dad or one of my sons, and even a few complete strangers. Most people are very enjoyable to sit and talk with. (just not religion or politics) If the fishing is good and they are biting, which is what we want, it's hard to have a good conversation.

old pudd fisher
11-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Sometimes the conversation is better than the fishing! It all depends on who you're sitting next to. I've had some of the best bank fishing while sitting next to my dad or one of my sons, and even a few complete strangers. Most people are very enjoyable to sit and talk with. (just not religion or politics) If the fishing is good and they are biting, which is what we want, it's hard to have a good conversation.
Yep years ago when I lived close to the pudd or should I say the stone I would take my little girl with me fishing there after work. Damn good times we had back then. She is 40 now and we still talk about those times.

fishmounter
11-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Yeah Ted, Puddingstone is where we used to sit and fish for trout, facing Mt Baldy.. Coffee and hot chocolate, cold mornings..

old pudd fisher
11-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Yeah Jeff Riverside is my home now and a good place to live but still miss the area that I grew up in. I loved looking at the Mt Baldy snow after a good winter rain.

TED MILLS
11-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Yep years ago when I lived close to the pudd or should I say the stone I would take my little girl with me fishing there after work. Damn good times we had back then. She is 40 now and we still talk about those times.

Yes sometimes it is so much fun , especially if you sit and I find this to be true, if you sit in or are asked to sit in with older men that how can I say it , from the south, they can bring tears to my eyes laughting back and worth, I sat at Sail Cove one time and was asked a question as I came out of the water pulling my float tube, one said were you in the service during the Viet Nam period I said yes and we four started talking and laughting , two were on Carriers one on a Sub and I was on destroyers for seven years, what a time we had.

fishmounter
11-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Thank you Ted and all you other Servicemen for your time helping our country (and entire world actually!) on this Veteran's Day.