PDA

View Full Version : No trout this season

ŚlightlineŚ
11-07-2014, 02:40 PM
FYI no trout(county). Dfw rules, so that being said I would imagine dfw wont stock aswell. If you guys know anything please post...

IGOTBIT
11-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Whhhat the F!?

Bass Boy 14
11-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Look on dfg website....says they've been stocking places

fishing_freak
11-07-2014, 03:45 PM
they need to start stocking skinner again or all the baby bass will get eaten by the stripers seen it happen it was pretty intense

Askwhy
11-07-2014, 04:44 PM
A few weeks back I caught a decent size striper and when I cut it up the stomach was full of baby largemouth bass. So between the lowest water level I have ever seen at skinner and the non stocking of trout your prolly right about the stripers eating more than their share of baby largemouth bass .

inthroughtheocean
11-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Skinner hasn't been stocked with trout for a while sooo.........

ŚlightlineŚ
11-07-2014, 05:48 PM
I downloaded riverside county trout season schedule and it also says no trout season. Only lakes getting county fish will be rancho jurupa and Cahuilla.

ŚlightlineŚ
11-07-2014, 05:52 PM
So much for all the baby bass. They got no chance.

Viejo
11-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Also...hatcheries have had budgets reduced which means less fish available for stocking overall.

seal
11-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Also...hatcheries have had budgets reduced which means less fish available for stocking overall.

Wasn't there legislature passed that stipulated a certain percentage of our license dollars was to be used for stocking?

Of course the amount of fish available for stocking would have no impact on Skinners since they are part of the concerns about cross breading with native steelhead. I think Kwin mentioned that there is some hope for future plants at Skinner but it will take a while to get approval. Still don't understand why they went to stocking all triploids which would negate any cross breading since triploids are supposedly sterile? I don't know if the reason is that all triploid stockings have not been completely implemented yet or what the deal is. Hell lot's of browns coming out of hatchery's now why not toss those in?

Some stuff from the SB505 bill, last I heard they were not fulfilling this obligation.

"A minimum of 2.25/2.5/2.75 pounds of released trout by
July 1, 2007/2008/2009 and thereafter per number of
sport fishing license sold the preceding year. Most of
the fish planted must be of catchable size

The Heritage and Wild Trout program receives
$2,000,000 from the HIFF for specified purposes.

25 percent of the total amount of trout stocked be
native trout in their original source watersheds.
This goal was to be met on the following schedule:

1. 15 percent/20 percent/25 percent and at
least 4/4/5 species (with restrictions) by July
1, 2010/2011/2012 and thereafter.

2. Required DFG to report by July 1, 2008
and biennially thereafter to the Legislature on
the implementation of AB 7.

According to DFG has had partial, but by no means complete,
success at meeting the AB 7 goals. More complete details
are provided in the second comment below. In 2010, DFG
released a final environmental impact report/statement
(EIR/S) on its hatchery and fish stocking programs in
response to an earlier lawsuit. Fish stocking was
disrupted temporarily in some locations throughout the
state in order to comply with provisions in the EIR/S. DFG
has indicated that this disruption did not impact their
ability to meet AB 7 fish stocking goals. "

DEVOREFLYER
11-08-2014, 09:03 AM
If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor. SSDD some things never seem to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom
11-08-2014, 10:30 AM
DFG has been to lake Perris every week testing the water for temp and quality.
The water is too warm in most riverside area lakes as yet is what the DFG person told me tuesday
maybe 2 more weeks

seal
11-08-2014, 11:24 AM
DFG has been to lake Perris every week testing the water for temp and quality.
The water is too warm in most riverside area lakes as yet is what the DFG person told me tuesday
maybe 2 more weeks

Tom Skinner is still on the do not stock list, this has nothing to do with water temperature.

HawgZWylde
11-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Skinner hasn't been stocked with trout for a while sooo.........

Last year was the first year they didn't.

HawgZWylde
11-08-2014, 11:51 AM
If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor. SSDD some things never seem to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, but Cali voters just can't seem to figure that out...

Stalker Of Fish
11-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Skinner's lack of Trout stocking is not the product of budget constraints or water levels or temperature .
The reason for last years halt of ALL Trout plants and presumably this years stocking as well is that Biologist have made another one of there wacky decisions. Because they feel another species or in this case sub-species maybe, could be threatened or "endangered' . The learned Biologist have concluded should we get inundated with torrential rain rainbow trout will spill over the dam or make their way by other means into the series of on again off again blue line creeks and ditches that lead eventually into Santa Margarita River/ watershed .
Once in the Santa Margarita the Rainbows are presumed they will seek out the five or six Steel head Trout that were seen counted or imagined God knows when and then dilute the genetic diversity between the two species. The evil Rainbows could also overwhelm the fabled Steel Head and then over compete them into nonexistence. I guess the numerous Bass in the Santa Margarita are a non-issue since the same Biologist brokered a peace treaty and all Bass have promised not to eat Steelies or their eggs and fry.

Ok, I might of taken a 'lil artistic license here and got a little silly on ya-all but in the scheme of things tell me is it any more
silly than the Skinner Reservoir spillover scenario considering it was conceived and enacted during the driest couple of years since climatic records have been kept??? This is effin ludicrous !

Tom
11-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Tom Skinner is still on the do not stock list, this has nothing to do with water temperature.

Sorry my bad

Tom
11-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Skinner's lack of Trout stocking is not the product of budget constraints or water levels or temperature .
The reason for last years halt of ALL Trout plants and presumably this years stocking as well is that Biologist have made another one of there wacky decisions. Because they feel another species or in this case sub-species maybe, could be threatened or "endangered' . The learned Biologist have concluded should we get inundated with torrential rain rainbow trout will spill over the dam or make their way by other means into the series of on again off again blue line creeks and ditches that lead eventually into Santa Margarita River/ watershed .
Once in the Santa Margarita the Rainbows are presumed they will seek out the five or six Steel head Trout that were seen counted or imagined God knows when and then dilute the genetic diversity between the two species. The evil Rainbows could also overwhelm the fabled Steel Head and then over compete them into nonexistence. I guess the numerous Bass in the Santa Margarita are a non-issue since the same Biologist brokered a peace treaty and all Bass have promised not to eat Steelies or their eggs and fry.

Ok, I might of taken a 'lil artistic license here and got a little silly on ya-all but in the scheme of things tell me is it any more
silly than the Skinner Reservoir spillover scenario considering it was conceived and enacted during the driest couple of years since climatic records have been kept??? This is effin ludicrous !

Your not being sarcastic just truthful..and they are only stocking Triploids now that cannot reproduce. Wonder how stocking these can affect the steelhead ?
What a Freaking Joke

twin22s
11-10-2014, 06:20 PM
anyone want to trade a trout swimbait for a BBZ-shad? lol JK but I did just get into the swimbait thing last year and am very upset that all my trout pattern stuff will be less effective at my favorite lake. on the bright side no trout might mean the winter crowds will be thinner. who makes a good LMB looking swimbait? :Twisted:

ŚlightlineŚ
12-15-2014, 02:53 AM
Update, dfw to resume stocking of trout this coming January. I dont know all the specs, if anyone knows more please add.

JAG107
12-15-2014, 05:10 PM
There was an article about it in this weeks WON. Seems like they mean January 2015. Also, IIRC DFG/DFW hasn't stocked Skinner in years, it's been county plants supplied by Mt. Lasssen (nice quality fish too!) paid for by your fishing fees at the lake. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Also, DFW is reported to drop their stockings by 50% next year, as well as reducing the avg size stocker to....FOUR ounces!? Why not just start stocking shad!
Either way, it's good news that they got their heads out of their left wings and started making things right again.