PDA

View Full Version : Water Temp?

allIdoIsfish
11-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Anyone been to skinner lately? Can you confirm the water temp?

fordman
11-06-2014, 03:59 PM
water temp today 11/6 was 68

basschaser
11-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Are the shad balling up yet?

P.A.W.
11-07-2014, 05:16 AM
Nope. However the pattern is changing. No more morning madhouse with visible boils. Nobody home at the inlet either. Bait is spreading out all over and I was marking activity deep. Another month and shad will be answering nature's call up to the shallows. Question is will it be ramp 1 or ramp 2?

sweetfish
11-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Are the fingerling bass still cruising the shoreline Pat?

P.A.W.
11-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Somewhat. Not in the same numbers as a week or two ago. They are, I suspect, in the same predicament as the silversides that the stripers were chasing. They have very little cover to hide from predators with the tulies out on dry land. That means they are on the run. Out of the 5 Stripers that I had on the cleaning table today not one had anything in its belly.

Another seasonal pattern taking shape is a change in bird population. The seagull numbers are slowly increasing as are the pelican's. There aren't any divers yet, but the birds are setting up for the day when there is something to dive on. We're all anticipating the big shad chase. I will say though that after the shad fleet last year, I'm not looking forward to that many boats jammed into an even smaller area this year. I will be out trolling bigger waters. :Head Bang:

sweetfish
11-07-2014, 03:37 PM
I agree that the shad patrol was a little discouraging, especially the boil chasers on full throttle outboards instead of full power on the trolling motor. I hope this year the fish show up at both ramps to spread the boats out.