PDA

View Full Version : Just checking on definition of "artificials"

billy b
11-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Not mini-jigs? No Berkley baits ... gulp eggs ... plastic worms? ... or mice tails?

Anybody have an idea of why the Berkley - Gulps are not considered artificials?

Viejo
11-02-2014, 08:39 AM
The DFG site has a Q & A section where you can ask specific questions like this and a Warden will eventually answer you. Other option would be to call the CA Fish and Wildlife office in Long Beach and talk with a human.

seal
11-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Any lure that is a scented is considered bait and if the requirement is artificial's only then scented baits are not allowed.

phishin phool
11-02-2014, 08:52 PM
To add to Seals accurate response....All Berkley plastics have scent(ie:Powerbait or Gulp). Therefore are illegal. You can however fish non-scented plastic worms and jigs, and remember to ALWAYS PINCH YOUR BARBS!

billy b
11-03-2014, 09:48 AM
To add to Seals accurate response....All Berkley plastics have scent(ie:Powerbait or Gulp). Therefore are illegal. You can however fish non-scented plastic worms and jigs, and remember to ALWAYS PINCH YOUR BARBS!

I got a DUHmb question ... How do I know whose worms have scent?

Thanks MUCH for the help

phishin phool
11-03-2014, 02:45 PM
As far as the ones I have used only Berkley and some of Drews Customs have scent. Trout King, Lip Ripperz do not. Id rather fly fish in Sierra waters that have special regs.tho. Oh and I would recommend lures converted over to single barbless hook over plastics up there too. Just my added 2 cents....
I got a DUHmb question ... How do I know whose worms have scent?

Thanks MUCH for the help

billy b
11-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the good poop!

Sierra_Smitty
11-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the good poop!

The Sierra Slammers' stuff is also scent-free....we do a lot of online business back east for that reason as many creeks and rivers have gone to barbless C&R regs or have seasons similar to what we have in the Sierras.