PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought ?

noleash
10-29-2014, 01:49 PM
With the dam reconstucting going on how about petitioning the State and PARK to use some of those materials to create numerous stucture spots accross the lake for fish habitat?!!! Not only would it spread out anglers accross the lake but could also aid in the createtion of some extreamly large bass! JUST A THOUGHT.:EyePop:

DarkShadow
10-29-2014, 04:13 PM
With the dam reconstucting going on how about petitioning the State and PARK to use some of those materials to create numerous stucture spots accross the lake for fish habitat?!!! Not only would it spread out anglers accross the lake but could also aid in the createtion of some extreamly large bass! JUST A THOUGHT.:EyePop:

I wonder if the red tape for even doing that extends from here to next year.

Talk to the DFG about the process on creating artificial structure and see what they say.

The creation of large bass was via trout stocking, and we've seen what the state budget has done for that.

Kwin, can Perris create structure for bass using the materials that are currently being excavated?

HawgZWylde
10-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Kwin stated in another thread that they were indeed going to make habitat improvements while the lake level was down. He wasn't specific about the materials to be used and the thread was about using old tires that someone here wanted to donate. They won't use those but I can't see why they wouldn't use rocks from the excavation to build structure in various places around the lake unless the costs of doing so would not be afforded in the budget...

noleash
10-29-2014, 04:30 PM
I wonder if the red tape for even doing that extends from here to next year.

Talk to the DFG about the process on creating artificial structure and see what they say.

The creation of large bass was via trout stocking, and we've seen what the state budget has done for that.

Kwin, can Perris create structure for bass using the materials that are currently being excavated?

Utt-O... I think I see two Black SUV trucks with tinted windows outside my gates!:Shocked:

noleash
10-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Utt-O... I think I see two Black SUV trucks with tinted windows outside my gates!:Shocked:

In fact one of the SUVs has B.A.S.S / StrikeKing / Gamagatsue /Berkley PowerBait /Eagle Claw /Kitech custom worms /Anglers Marine /Jackall lures /ZOOM /gary yamamoto custom Baits /NITRO Boats /Triton Boats / Ranger Boats and a whole slue of other major corp. sponsored logos! Maybe these fine people and MR Marino could draft up a super Lake that would become a modle for many others accross the GLOBE? "That is" if the state of CAL would allow such a Noble Thing! It sure would be cool if these corp.giants gave back to something that has giving them SOO MUCH! JUST A THOUGHT....:Cool:

Misfitdog
10-29-2014, 11:04 PM
I like where this thought process is heading

seal
10-30-2014, 07:06 AM
In fact one of the SUVs has B.A.S.S / StrikeKing / Gamagatsue /Berkley PowerBait /Eagle Claw /Kitech custom worms /Anglers Marine /Jackall lures /ZOOM /gary yamamoto custom Baits /NITRO Boats /Triton Boats / Ranger Boats and a whole slue of other major corp. sponsored logos! Maybe these fine people and MR Marino could draft up a super Lake that would become a modle for many others accross the GLOBE? "That is" if the state of CAL would allow such a Noble Thing! It sure would be cool if these corp.giants gave back to something that has giving them SOO MUCH! JUST A THOUGHT....:Cool:

Do you think that these corporations do not currently give back? You are right the state guberment would not allow such a logical thing even if these evil and greedy corporations were willing to loos'n up those purse strings and part with their piles of cash. The state would be more likely to close this lake to fishing to save a mouse than to spend money on fishery improvements.

Sorry thought I was in the general section of the forum for a moment, got carried away.

Tom
10-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

seal
10-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Perris is not the only lake that is catering to the lake lice and party freaks. Silverwood has gone from a very fishermen friendly lake to one that cares only about the summer crowds that cause by far the most damage to infrastructure and create tons of trash and baby diapers to pollute the water. There is a new Superintendent that thinks they are more important. They are supposed to be closing off the majority of the parking lots this winter and leave only the main launch ramp possible open (at least that's what he wants to do). The loyal fishermen are the ones that buy the annual passes for access and boating, spend by far the largest amount of money by far more than the 10 bucks per carload for the summer party people (it looks like they take that to heart when I see how many sometimes are stuffed in a car!).

I think this is a reflection of the states policies as a whole, fishermen suck so screw um.

I don't want to turn this thread into a Silverwood issue but the old guard out there is getting pretty pissed off at this point, not sure what can be done.

noleash
10-30-2014, 10:21 AM

Don't know were the first SUV went but the one with the logos is still there. Also, it looks like a pile of cigerett butts on the ground outside the Drivers window?!!:Shocked:

Tom
10-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fishmounter
10-31-2014, 11:30 AM
You know with Christmas coming up, wouldn't it be great to have a whole bunch of used Christmas trees recycled as fish habitat? Maybe get permission (somehow) from the CDFW to anchor bunches of these trees together here and there now that the water is so low. Be great for the crappie guys and other fishermen once the water goes back up. That reminds me. I should start looking around the whole boat launch area for my favorite ultralight rig I lost off my float tube a while back. Someone no doubt found it by now...

HawgZWylde
10-31-2014, 11:51 AM
You know with Christmas coming up, wouldn't it be great to have a whole bunch of used Christmas trees recycled as fish habitat? Maybe get permission (somehow) from the CDFW to anchor bunches of these trees together here and there now that the water is so low. Be great for the crappie guys and other fishermen once the water goes back up. That reminds me. I should start looking around the whole boat launch area for my favorite ultralight rig I lost off my float tube a while back. Someone no doubt found it by now...

I thought they have already been doing this. I know they've been putting them into Lake Elsinore but I thought they were doing this at Perris as well.

Lol, I can't tell you how many baits of various kinds I've found at DVL as of late. Rods too, but those for the most part have been ruined...

noleash
10-31-2014, 12:18 PM
I thought they have already been doing this. I know they've been putting them into Lake Elsinore but I thought they were doing this at Perris as well.

Lol, I can't tell you how many baits of various kinds I've found at DVL as of late. Rods too, but those for the most part have been ruined...

People should stockpile everything being discovered from these lakes,pour a jigantic amount of resin over the top of it then throw in in the lake!:Shocked::LOL:

noleash
10-31-2014, 12:28 PM
People should stockpile everything being discovered from these lakes,pour a jigantic amount of resin over the top of it then throw in in the lake!:Shocked::LOL:

Hey! It could be called Corporate contribution reef! Very cool!:Cool: Utt-o that second SUV is back?!!

noleash
10-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Hey! It could be called Corporate contribution reef! Very cool!:Cool: Utt-o that second SUV is back?!!

All "Jokeing" aside.... I wish nothing but the BEST for my neighbors to the north! Here is hope for a quick and speedy completion of the dam project and I know that when they fill her up again that the fishing will become better than ever! Godspeed and be GOOD to one another!:Cool:

fishmounter
10-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure my rod is no longer any good. As for the Christmas trees, I don't think they have put in any new ones in several years. I know they eventually break down to practically nothing but sticks, but for a few years they are great! Used to be a great bunch of trees in the Bernasconi beach area that you could get some giant crappie and bass from, but it's gone now..

kwin
10-31-2014, 03:15 PM
I have already put 1000+ citrus tree habitats into the existing water level. I have a fisheries habitat plan that involves 1100 more citrus habitats, 132 pipe caves and 71 rock reefs for the lake bottom from high water to the 25' reduction level it's been at for the last 8 years. This work is being done as part of the mitigation for the dam remediation drawdown. I will be a busy dude.

DEVOREFLYER
10-31-2014, 03:27 PM
kwin that is great news indeed for improving the fishing habitat at Lake Perris, thank you for the effort. Can you give any insight into what is being done or considered at DVL if anything. Thanks again.

bass413
10-31-2014, 03:30 PM
1000+ citrus tree habitats, 1100 more citrus habitats, 132 pipe caves and 71 rock reefs

Sounds awesome. Hope everything stays on schedule. Thanks for the info Kwin.

HawgZWylde
10-31-2014, 05:12 PM
kwin that is great news indeed for improving the fishing habitat at Lake Perris, thank you for the effort. Can you give any insight into what is being done or considered at DVL if anything. Thanks again.

He's been busy there too Dev. Seen new woodpiles and pallets put in certain spots around the lake. But DVL already has so many rock structures I doubt they'll add anymore. Much of DVL is too steep to do much more with...

noleash
11-01-2014, 08:17 AM
I have already put 1000+ citrus tree habitats into the existing water level. I have a fisheries habitat plan that involves 1100 more citrus habitats, 132 pipe caves and 71 rock reefs for the lake bottom from high water to the 25' reduction level it's been at for the last 8 years. This work is being done as part of the mitigation for the dam remediation drawdown. I will be a busy dude.

Thank you for your response! Thank you for your Efforts! I'm sure that the overtime you put in is on your own "DIME"! I understand that there is little to no funding for such efforts accross Cali...My (delusional fantasy) of heavy equiptment loading tons of rock into trucks then transferred onto barges and with the aid of an biologist/bass pro/engineer/paid for with contributions from the corporate fishing industry,cutting edge fish habitat super structure would be born at Lake Perris California. This type of give back from the corporate fishing industry WILL sooner or later become a MUST DO considering the extreme damage that the exploitation of fishing (especially BASS fishing) is having on all lakes across this country! Again, people be GOOD to one another and Godspeed.:Cool:

Misfitdog
11-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure my rod is no longer any good. As for the Christmas trees, I don't think they have put in any new ones in several years. I know they eventually break down to practically nothing but sticks, but for a few years they are great! Used to be a great bunch of trees in the Bernasconi beach area that you could get some giant crappie and bass from, but it's gone now..

I have found 3 rods/reel's over the last 2 weeks and a ton of Lures . not one of the rods or reels where salvageable .. they have been in there awhile