PDA

View Full Version : topwater minis

sealclubber
10-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Never having success on the smaller topwater lures i decided to steal my sons sammy and give her a shot..Restrung an old ugly stick lite and figured downsizing rods and expectations might do me some good.....It worked.pretty well..first 10 casts i nailed 2 minis I dont think they could of been more than 2 pounds...Fun regardless.
Not sure if i like the sammy though.It was my first time catching with it....... and as soon as that sun came up...it was all over..couple small boils and lots of gulls crashing the quarry area...
Love the mornings up there.

seal
10-29-2014, 10:13 AM
As soon as the sun comes up it normally is over and as soon as the sun goes down it usually starts up.

Hell 2lbs ain't too bad! Have not seen the action on the 3-8lbs. that many years are in the mix on topwater. Every year is different though.

sealclubber
10-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Ya 2lbers seem to be the norm right now... My first topwater fish ever was a good 7...still trying to break that personal best...hence why i have a tendancy to throw punkers...Either way..good morning...and it was quiet up there..thank god summers done.

GhettoBasster
10-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Great job. I need go back to the Wood soon. My coworker has been killing it after work at the points at Chemise by tossing an LC pointer in a yellowish shad pattern. He swears that when he painted on a black shad dot on them, the stripers really liked it.

edward
10-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Silverwood stripers are full of mercury...

GhettoBasster
11-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Silverwood stripers are full of mercury...
You sir are correct!

seal
11-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Nah the little ones are safe enough unless you feed them to a pregnant woman or kid 5 times a week. Throw back the big ones they'll kill you in a minute.

edward
11-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Hopefully correct enough to scare everybody away from all of me little stripey's...