PDA

View Full Version : trout stocking pyramid and castaic

fishingboysdad
10-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone. I haven't seen any scheduled trout stockings for pyramid or castaic...are we gonna get late stockings this year? Water still too warm maybe? Any opinions?

parkermann2
10-27-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure if the stocking schedules are so accurate. I just called silverwood to see if they got there stock that is scheduled for this week and the lady said that they haven't got this weeks but they got stocked on the 24th which was Friday. But they weren't scheduled to get stocked last week. If it's not on the schedule don't always count it out

fishingboysdad
10-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Cool.thanks..i guess ill just have to call the lake...

cutbait
10-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Water temp at mid was 67 at 4 pm.

fishingboysdad
10-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Cool..gonna have a good time catching those trout and chasing those stripers that are chasing those trout...

Fishbones
10-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Fished silverwood dam for a few hours today.. Trout everywhere and only saw one boil. Where did mr stripey go?

seal
10-28-2014, 07:16 AM
Fished silverwood dam for a few hours today.. Trout everywhere and only saw one boil. Where did mr stripey go?

Over in the corner were you? Tossing some topwater were you?

If it was you. Should have gone to the far side of the dam probably. What was that topwater bait you were tossing? Thought your retrieve was a little fast for a walking topwater bait if it was you. Did you stay till dark?

Topwter has already slowed down, not sure if it's temporary of it's already on the downswing.

I did see a boil going off near the channel, but pretty small in diameter.

cutbait
10-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Top water at pyramid is on the downswing as well.

Its Novemeber basically

MikesOcean
10-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Thought your retrieve was a little fast for a walking topwater bait if it was you.

Funny you say that! We experienced a very unusual topwater bite this year. It seemed like if you reeled in the lure super fast where your lure was skipping across the lake to the point that it was not the
"Proper" way to walk the dog we were getting hammered!

Heck, it got to a point that we were trolling Sammie's and getting wacked.
Pretty funny if you ask me.

No lies either. Others here are witnesses.

But ya I agree that a typical walk the dog shouldn't usually be too fast. I guess
Depends on condition and the fishies mood.

cutbait
10-28-2014, 08:31 AM
Lol. We caught a lot of fish trolling top waters this year

seal
10-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Well I thought it was kind of unusual but watching him cast made me think he knew what he was doing or I might have gone down and tried to help out.

Usually at Silverwood I tell people to slow it down. Maybe I should speed it up, lol.

Yes same at Silverwood. This would normally be the prime time for topwater until probably the first week in November. This year was the slowest I can recall for actual group boils also. Like I've said before think that means the shad population took another hit, plenty of silversides in the water but I have not seen as many LMB fry either.

Oh well it or **** happens!

Fishbones
10-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Over in the corner were you? Tossing some topwater were you?

If it was you. Should have gone to the far side of the dam probably. What was that topwater bait you were tossing? Thought your retrieve was a little fast for a walking topwater bait if it was you. Did you stay till dark?

Topwter has already slowed down, not sure if it's temporary of it's already on the downswing.

I did see a boil going off near the channel, but pretty small in diameter.

Well I thought it was kind of unusual but watching him cast made me think he knew what he was doing or I might have gone down and tried to help out.

Usually at Silverwood I tell people to slow it down. Maybe I should speed it up, lol.

Yes same at Silverwood. This would normally be the prime time for topwater until probably the first week in November. This year was the slowest I can recall for actual group boils also. Like I've said before think that means the shad population took another hit, plenty of silversides in the water but I have not seen as many LMB fry either.

Oh well it or **** happens!

Yepp it was me. I was throwing a KPN top water and did fish the far side of the dam and worked my way back till just after sundown. Mid dam I found a school and had multiple blow ups but no hook ups. I like the KPN because you can speed it up and walk the dog subsurface.

seal
10-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Yepp it was me. I was throwing a KPN top water and did fish the far side of the dam and worked my way back till just after sundown. Mid dam I found a school and had multiple blow ups but no hook ups. I like the KPN because you can speed it up and walk the dog subsurface.

Never used the KPN. Glad you found um there is that cove type area about mid dam or slightly closer to the end where they seem to school up and push the baitfish into.

Fishbones
10-29-2014, 03:13 PM
That's where they were..