PDA

View Full Version : 10/25 yak attack #2

tomar19
10-26-2014, 07:07 PM
I made the drive back up to BBL yesterday 10/25.

I checked the weather Fri. night and it looked manageable. However, I arrived at 9:30 to high winds and small whitecaps across the lake. I briefly contemplated not launching and sticking to the shore, but ended up giving it a go. I got pretty wet peddling across the lake, and popped into a small cove to warm up and get a line in the water. There weren't many boats out due to the weather and I ventured out to let the wind push me on a fast drift. I found the same stack of crappie and had some more fun with them. A little later, I get bit and line starts peeling off my UL combo. I thought I was into my first big trout of the year in BBL. After a good tug o war, I get the fish to the side of the yak to see a nice 2lbs small mouth. Beauty of a bronze back with my small hook stuck firmly into his lip. I spent the rest of my time basically running a two lane drift peddling into the wind headed west, then turning to let the wind push me back east. Ended the day with 15 crappie, 1 rainbow, and 1 smb. Pretty good day considering the conditions, but it will probably be my last BBL yak session until next spring.

Tony

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
10-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the report. Did you find the crappie at the same exact spot as your last trip?

thanks

tomar19
10-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Yep, same spot, but there are 4 fewer then when I arrived. Damn tasty, the rest were left to be caught another day.

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
10-27-2014, 04:27 PM
haha right on! good job man