PDA

View Full Version : Nph 10/25/14

Ifishtoolittle
10-26-2014, 01:33 AM
Fished with GhettoBasster today in the land of the rich and excessively sun tanned. :o It was a multispecies day for me while GB had the hot stick with the basses.

Me: YFC, some small spotties, a micro sand bass, a pencil cuda, and my first WSB!
GB: Lost count of how many Spotties and Sand bass he got. Needless to say, he whooped me today.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/DSCF8188crop_zps0afa7624.jpg (http://s661.photobucket.com/user/Ifishtoolittle/media/DSCF8188crop_zps0afa7624.jpg.html)

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/DSCF8190crop_zps8ee4cb6a.jpg (http://s661.photobucket.com/user/Ifishtoolittle/media/DSCF8190crop_zps8ee4cb6a.jpg.html)

-IF2L

Vman
10-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Nice report. Love the plastic deck. All you need now is an electric motor.

Edgar
10-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Nice report! Congrats on your first Ghost !

GhettoBasster
10-26-2014, 03:56 PM

LOL! IF2L is the Martha Stewart of fishing. He invented that because he accidentally lost the apron on a hike. He comes up all kind of cool home made fishing and tubing stuff. In contrast to our previous NPH trips, this time the bite was slow and we had to work hard for every fish. I was amazed to see IF2L land all those fish on a little 3" brown plastic worm. NPH Spotties seem to need more of a finesse technique than the spotties I fished at Mission Bay two weeks ago. I ended up with 6 spotties and two micro sandies. Pumpkin and watermelon Reins baits worked for me.

fishshep
10-26-2014, 08:00 PM
Nice and decent size WSB. Wish the tide would go low in morn.

Miss hitting that place !!! :Smile:

Jaysuuun
10-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Congrats on your first WSB. Those are always a nice surprise when fishing the harbor. Geez, I haven't tubed in forever. Might have to break it out when the winter tides hit the surf.

carpanglerdude
10-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Wow! What a day! You guys killed it out there! Very jealous, especially of the cuda and WSB

crappiemike
10-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Nice pic of your seabass!

Cm

bones
10-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Great job in the land of lofty dreams.... It's been so long since I broke out my tube and hit that place. One problem is that it's so BIG you have way too many options to chose from to fish. I really miss those grumpy spotties. Bet that little ghostie pulled nice for you!
Congrats on the new species!
Nice deck on that tube for sure .... keep up the great work and thanks for the update.

Ifishtoolittle
10-30-2014, 12:50 AM

Thanks. The deck worked surprisingly well. lol no trolling motor. Me don't like paying to register it.

Nice report! Congrats on your first Ghost !

Thanks! It was a hoot fighting it on light gear.

LOL! IF2L is the Martha Stewart of fishing. He invented that because he accidentally lost the apron on a hike. He comes up all kind of cool home made fishing and tubing stuff. In contrast to our previous NPH trips, this time the bite was slow and we had to work hard for every fish. I was amazed to see IF2L land all those fish on a little 3" brown plastic worm. NPH Spotties seem to need more of a finesse technique than the spotties I fished at Mission Bay two weeks ago. I ended up with 6 spotties and two micro sandies. Pumpkin and watermelon Reins baits worked for me.

lol those micro sandies were unbelievable. They kept hitting lures that were bigger than them.

Nice and decent size WSB. Wish the tide would go low in morn.

Miss hitting that place !!! :Smile:

lol buy some waders and hit the place during high tide!

Congrats on your first WSB. Those are always a nice surprise when fishing the harbor. Geez, I haven't tubed in forever. Might have to break it out when the winter tides hit the surf.

Thanks Jaysuuun. That's what I love about tubing. It's a productive year round.

Wow! What a day! You guys killed it out there! Very jealous, especially of the cuda and WSB

Yep! You've gotta join us some day!

Nice pic of your seabass!

Cm

Thanks Cm.

Great job in the land of lofty dreams.... It's been so long since I broke out my tube and hit that place. One problem is that it's so BIG you have way too many options to chose from to fish. I really miss those grumpy spotties. Bet that little ghostie pulled nice for you!
Congrats on the new species!
Nice deck on that tube for sure .... keep up the great work and thanks for the update.

Thanks Bones. NPH is a massive harbor. I'm not a huge fan of the structure the place has, but it sure does have a lot of good sized spotties.

The WSB was a little scrapper on 6lb. I though I hooked another YFC until I saw some extra flash on and a trout like body.

The deck is pretty good. I'll need to mod it a little more.

smokehound
10-30-2014, 03:55 AM
NPH is actually largely barren sand, til you venture towards balboa island, which has extensive eelgrass growth. They dredge the harbor periodically, obliterating most of the habitat in the process.

the docks and other areas the dredgers couldn't reach are the best spots ;)

SP Dan
10-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi ya Ifishtoolittle,

Great job in the harbor!

I personally think that the WSB is a beautiful fish and are a lot of fun to catch.

I've probably caught a dozen of them in the last three years from the surf but not a legal one out of the bunch!
This one is still on my list.

Thanx for the fish report.

Dan