PDA

View Full Version : Kids toys from another time

DEVOREFLYER
10-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Do you remember the toys you had as a kid? Here is one of mine as a kid. I still have it and a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun my first toy guns. Can kids today even buy an evil toy gun???

http://i.imgur.com/xWTvPqH.jpg

City Dad
10-24-2014, 09:15 AM
We weren't as fancy as the town kids.

old pudd fisher
10-24-2014, 09:32 AM
What did that gun shoot ? I busted lots of windows with this. 45238

DEVOREFLYER
10-24-2014, 09:40 AM
old pudd fisher it is a water pistol. You put the end into water and pull the ring on the back, it is a plunger that shoots the water out under pressure unlike that the plastic ones. In water fights I was the king of the hill as it could shoot from farther away and soakum and stay dry as mine could shoot farther, a lot farther. lol

DEVOREFLYER
10-24-2014, 09:41 AM
We weren't as fancy as the town kids.

White privilege has it's rewards. lol

Bucket
10-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Not in California. You have to be 18 in order to buy a bb gun.

Bucket
10-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Its funny playing excessively violent games like call of duty is okay by liberal standards. More important things like teaching kids how to responsibly use guns and skills like hunting is blasphemy to them. I am glad i learned those skills as a kid and feel sorry for the losers.

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
10-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Bucket, as you are extremely correct. it is not the " Losers" faults for growing up in a different generation , as most kids just want to play video games these days because that's all they talk about at school.

Bucket
10-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Bucket, as you are extremely correct. it is not the " Losers" faults for growing up in a different generation , as most kids just want to play video games these days because that's all they talk about at school.

Im not a old geezer btw and instead of playing games all day I decided to do more productive things. I don't have a problem if a person plays games and has their sh@t together, but hey if youre in your late teens and above and that's all you do all day to me anyways is a problem. In regards to parenting most parents these days just want to be the kids friends they don't show any tough love or discipline their kids. You are right its not their "fault", but if they want to better themselves they wouldn't play the blame game.

old pudd fisher
10-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Remember cap guns DEVORE ? I would slam a whole roll of caps with a hammer on the driveway back then, it would make my ears ring at six years old and they still ring to this day.45239

DEVOREFLYER
10-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Oh I remember cap guns and doing that also. Had the most fun with lady finger firecrackers, model airplane fuel and a Gilbert Chemistry set, now that was a "BOOOOOM".:Shocked:

cutbait
10-24-2014, 07:54 PM
GI Joe, Baseball and bat.. I remember those hat pins with a ball at one end was the exact same size as a BB. Put the hat pin in the barrel of the Bb gun and it was a dart gun.

Rock clod wars, hunting at the park with darts. Throwing the darts at birds (never hit one).

Riding the bike ALL over town and country, home at dark. Tying cats to dogs.. more baseball. Magnifying bugs to toast, golfing at the park ALL summer

cutbait
10-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh I remember cap guns and doing that also. Had the most fun with lady finger firecrackers, model airplane fuel and a Gilbert Chemistry set, now that was a "BOOOOOM".:Shocked:

Firecrackers in model airplanes thrown out two story windows pretending it was flack

old pudd fisher
10-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Yep a lot of fun with firecrackers, we would bore a hole in a hard dirt clod and put a firecracker in it then light the fuse and throw it then watch it blow up in the air. Heck I could go on and on with that kind of stuff, was out playing all day long and only came home to eat and sleep.

cutbait
10-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Taking the shot out of 12 gauge shells and taping a marble to the primer.

Bakersfield firecracker

cutbait
10-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Catching grasshoppers in the school grass and throwing them in girls hair