PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood night bite 17th/18th

twin22s
10-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Headed up to the damn sometime before the sun came out. the wind wasn't too bad but still not dead calm. lots of boils everywhere and lots of bites on topwater when the surface was calm. lots of bites on large dark swimbaits when the wind was blowing. only landed 2 fish but had my fair chance at a limit and some plus size fish. sorry nothing worth taking a picture of. my buddy did catch a 6+ lb cat on a chovie under a bobber:Secret:

PS. after the sun hit the water there was still some action for about an hour but seemed to be smaller fish.

next time i think i'll take some better lures my pencil bait kept getting fowled. i hear the sammy is the way to go, i have a couple of spooks that walk well but they are clear/white so i figure i'll try another brand if im going to buy new ones for night fishing. dark/shinny finish walks easy and doesn't fowl very often. any thoughts?

seal
10-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Sammy's for sure but there is nothing wrong with spooks. Lately I've tossed the River to Sea Rover more and have had good success on that at times but I always go back to the Sammy.

Good to hear about the boils, it's been kind of quiet in other areas but I've been on the afternoon/evening bite. Thanks.