PDA

View Full Version : Zellot and Lucky

Zellot
10-15-2014, 05:42 PM
I know it's been quite a few years since I posted here on this site. My dad; John aka "Lucky" became quite ill recently ending in his death this last Saturday. (10.11.14) He was in some pain and duress at the end, but the Lord was gracious to cut those days short. My dad died at the age of 96. His quality of life up until the last few months was great. I hope I can be like him in this regard.

I hope to be out there hittin' the lakes and streams once again, as my time as a care-giver for my dad are over.

I post a particular photo of Lucky when he was ahead of me in the fish count at LNL. At the time I wanted to "slap" that smug look off his face, but now it is the most precious photo I have of him. All my best to all of you. - Jerry - aka "Zellot"

Bucket
10-15-2014, 05:49 PM
I know it's been quite a few years since I posted here on this site. My dad; John aka "Lucky" became quite ill recently ending in his death this last Saturday. (10.11.14) He was in some pain and duress at the end, but the Lord was gracious to cut those days short. My dad died at the age of 96. His quality of life up until the last few months was great. I hope I can be like him in this regard.

I hope to be out there hittin' the lakes and streams once again, as my time as a care-giver for my dad are over.

I post a particular photo of Lucky when he was ahead of me in the fish count at LNL. At the time I wanted to "slap" that smug look off his face, but now it is the most precious photo I have of him. All my best to all of you. - Jerry - aka "Zellot"

Thanks for sharing I am sure he is doing well now. I will catch one for him.

DEVOREFLYER
10-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Zellot sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Your father was very blessed to have you as both a son, fishing partner and a caregiver. I am sure time on the water will be most healing and will also bring back good memories. Tight lines.

old pudd fisher
10-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear that and it kind of reminds me of my passed dad he was 97. I have lots of photos of him and I.

troutdog
10-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Jerry I always enjoyed your reports with your Dad, my sincere condolences for your loss....it sounds like he lived a very full life, I can only hope I am so "Lucky". RIP John.

TD

Lady Quagga
10-17-2014, 04:09 PM
My deepest sympathies for you and your family.