PDA

View Full Version : I swear i heard one laugh.

sealclubber
10-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Decided to try and break away from my normal routine and usual fishing spot....Dam is starting to bore me a lil bit so I decided to either go to the duct or go for a hike,either way i was walking....Fish were jumpin like crazy ....heard a few really deep sounding splashes as if something big was being dropped in....Thats what i was waiting to hear all summer.
If youve ever just sat and listened you can tell when the big girls are playin...for those that have you know what im talking about.there wasnt alot but enough to get me to stay a little while longer and play the '' one more cast game''..
I threw everything i had at least 10 times.. Flukes didnt work..(lost 3 ) tried a superfluke jr...nada...jerkbaits nope...rattletrap..hahahahaaaa....the sammy got smacked and that was it....
Ive noticed the fish are a little picky right now....anyone else having this problem?
......and yes.stripers do laugh. especially at silverwood.

seal
10-15-2014, 08:24 AM
3 evenings ago it was wide open, couldn't make a cast without a blowup on the Sammy, 2 days ago I had to work my butt off for just 2 fish and not many more blowups.

I got no idea? Bait was everywhere so no shortage there, although shad populations I believe are down again since open water boils have been minimal at best. I thought they were on the rebound since last year when I'd keep a fish or 2 small shad were the most common in their belly's. Unfortunately that probably means they'll target the LMB fry again.

Fishbones
10-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Love the title.. Lolol

fishinone
10-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Well, that's just not funny.

I agree, it's a good title.

I like that deeper sounding splash. It's worth waiting for.

parkermann2
10-16-2014, 01:04 PM
I went to chamise Sunday morning. The fish were there but only one blow up on the spook and I missed him. I took my girlfriend and had to help her out a little so I'm gonna use that as an excuse lol.

I might be going there on Sunday morning unless I go out of town for the weekend. I'll post a report if I go

carpanglerdude
10-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Went Sunday night. Perfect conditions, or so I thought. Only spotted 3 boils the entire dusk period. Couldn't get a single hit. Nor did the other anglers nearby. Very, very, very frustrating.

Water level was up. Little wind.

GhettoBasster
10-16-2014, 06:37 PM
My experience shore fishing Chemise has always been hit and miss. It seems the if the shad are around, so are the stripers. Otherwise it's skunk time.

seal
10-17-2014, 08:08 AM
Strange year so far, just not turning on like it should be at this time, at least not the topwater shoreline striper bite. But some nice largemouth are smacking topwater in the right areas.

carpanglerdude
10-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Strange year so far, just not turning on like it should be at this time, at least not the topwater shoreline striper bite. But some nice largemouth are smacking topwater in the right areas.

Just bought a new River2Sea Rover too, hoping for a big boy. Oh well.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/9j7vu.jw4f2/v/vspfiles/photos/options/River2Sea-ScottMartin-Rover-12879.jpg?1371050611

seal
10-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Just bought a new River2Sea Rover too, hoping for a big boy. Oh well.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/9j7vu.jw4f2/v/vspfiles/photos/options/River2Sea-ScottMartin-Rover-12879.jpg?1371050611

Fantastic bait! I have several but need to get some smaller ones since I've lost all of them to fish, lol. I have a severe topwater problem, one box is stuffed with Spook's of all different sizes, types and patterns but it gets neglected these days in favor of Sammy's and the Rover's.

parkermann2
10-19-2014, 09:24 AM
I went this morning with a few of my friends who had never been to the wood. Almost no fish surfacing. Every once in a while some big splashes. Not sure if they were striper or not. My buddy got one on a jerkbait. That was it the whole morning. I'm hoping the surface bite isn't slowing down for the year. I'm gonna try to go again next week

seal
10-19-2014, 09:36 AM
The bait is really just starting to move into the shallows in good numbers and is small in the areas I've seen them. Typically the larger the bait the better the boils so don't know if we are just behind or like your fears it's already over. I doubt very much it's over based on history.

sgtskunk
10-20-2014, 08:20 PM
I was planning on going tomorrow early morning then going back to try the evening bite. I'm getting tired of fishing Spring Valley Lake so going to make the 30min drive never fished from shore so going to explore I guess. I'll let everyone know how it goes.