PDA

View Full Version : 13OCT14 Stripers

GdHkSet1
10-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Dale and i went out trolling for some stripers on the Navy's Birthday hoping to get some fall action like last year-Day started off with just a hand full of boats, we metered alot of fish and bait in the marina area and worked our way on the north side. 3rd cove is pretty much dried up. Water temp still up there 71-74, we could see the end of the single launch ramp where dirt and boulders are-just a matter of time. Had to bring dale back to the truck to get back to temecula around 8;30 and i went back out around 0900, got some action in 35 feet leaving the marina nothing big but some action at least. Headed west, saw some bait balls from 30-80', dropped the down rigger and tried some new hardbaits but no takers. Headed in after noon ran into a bait and wait boat they had a couple of stripers and cats. Going to wait a couple more weeks and try again when the water cools down hopefully before the ramp ends. Good luck everybody.

fishinone
10-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the DVL striper update. I rarely hear striper reports from over there.

dixoncider
10-14-2014, 10:20 AM
What happened to all the Stripers?

fastdc5
10-14-2014, 09:34 PM
What happened to all the Stripers?

Blue stone got them good..

chompot
10-15-2014, 01:06 PM
I was there Monday too. I took out 2 guys from work since we had the day as a holiday. I was really hoping for some surface striper action but it never materialized. We ended up fishing for large mouth and caught 4 within the 2-3 lb range. Dead calm and sunny day.

GdHkSet1
10-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the DVL striper update. I rarely hear striper reports from over there.
Going to hit it again around the 64-68f temp range later this month or next, they'll be around to chew the candy truck will be coming soon DD girls
coming out to play.

GdHkSet1
10-15-2014, 08:57 PM
I was there Monday too. I took out 2 guys from work since we had the day as a holiday. I was really hoping for some surface striper action but it never materialized. We ended up fishing for large mouth and caught 4 within the 2-3 lb range. Dead calm and sunny day.

Cruising around seeing all the structure too, was hoping for some afternoon wind but it was light winds-saw a couple of boils early and mid day. Those new islands popping up had some good marks around them too

dixoncider
10-16-2014, 05:06 AM
I really miss all the great bait striper fishing that used to happen out there...

Glenn
10-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Hope you guys get some stripers!