PDA

View Full Version : 10/8 sundown report and 10/11 sunrise sessions

Edgar
10-11-2014, 01:18 PM
10/8 sundown - So I got off work a little early on Wednesday , I couldn't help getting out there even though i knew that the conditions were going to be harsh . I got to my AO around 4:30pm at a super low tide. I had never seen the tide so low at this AO , so i knew it was going to be tough. I was fishing the Lc FM 110 in Crystal baby sardine pattern , and i was getting grass every cast ! I was working my way down the beach when my lure gets BLASTED , Set the hook , And the fight was on . At first the fish starts peeling line , so right after the first run i knew i had something real on the end of my line, then it starts feeling like dead weight, I was soooo excited , felt like a PB Hali , so my adrenaline was going crazy ! I work the fish to the skinny and get y heart broken right away, Foul hooked Bat ray , new species for me, and an OK one, maybe 5-7 pounds. It was really tough getting my trebles out of this guy , and hurt him pretty bad . Ohh well , he went back to fight another day . Skunkbuster landed! I start work my way down for a good half a mile and only tempt one small perch, i decided to call it a day after that little guy.

10/11 sunrise - Got to my AO at around 6am , very dark ) unusually dark because of the overcast skies. After about 30 minutes of battling grass on the LC, i decided to switch up to the Kroc for longer cast, cleaner retrieves, and what do you know , first cast Mackerel , second cast bonita , and for about 30-40 minutes, every cast resulted in a bonito or mackerel with a few smelt mixed in. I start walking down south on the beach and get a colossal take , This fish showed no sign of stopping and eventually popped right off. I was so Angry , can't describe it in words, as i knew i had a BEAST of a ghost on the end of my line from the way it was fighting. ohh well , you can't catch em all . So i start working my kroc again , bouncing it on the bottom hoping for a Flatty. I get another Strong take that started with a pretty ok Run , and definitely had some weight to it . I started walking backwards to keep tension on my fish and was rushing to turn my go pro on ! So i turn it on , and Land yet another new species from the surf for me, an 18' Beautiful Sand Bass ! I was stoked ! After the sandy i fished for another couple hours for nothing but a few Smelt . Called it a day , and came home Happy !

ps. i will post the pic of the sand bass a little later. Yeah the site is not letting me post pics...

icekrusher04
10-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Great catch on the Sandie!

Edgar
10-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Great catch on the Sandie!

Thanx a lot!

Fishbones
10-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Awesome E, I got my first shore sandy from there too.
Sucks about the big lost mystery ghost. He's still waiting for you.

Edgar
10-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Awesome E, I got my first shore sandy from there too.
Sucks about the big lost mystery ghost. He's still waiting for you.

Thanx brother ! Yeah it was a bummer.