PDA

View Full Version : Mission Bay 10-18

titos334
10-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Went down to Mission Bay with a buddy to do some spotty fishing. We rented a skiff from Seaforth Boat rentals like I typically do. They don't open until 8am so I got to sleep in a little more than I normally do on a fishing day so that was nice.

Killer tide right now, we got out just before high and fished the receding tide. Although the tide was strong and big we didn't have a ridiculous day or anything. As has been standard in the past the morning bite was really nice and then faded into a slow bite. We fished all over the bay and fished parts of Sail Bay, Fiesta Bay, Mariners Basin, Santa Barbara Cove, South Passage, Dana Channel, Fisherman's Channel. Got bit on the warblade, chatter bait, spinnerbait, swimbait on blade runner head and Bama rig. Highlight of the day was definitely getting a triple on the Bama rig.

Super fun day. Was stoked to get back out in Mission Bay, it's been a while for me. Hopefully I'll be able to my ways of last winter and go down there 2 or 4 times a month.

Got a couple pictures of the day. Unfortunately pictures of my friend aren't formatted correctly to be shown.

DockRat
10-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Nice Spotty. Thnx for the post.
DR

anchor3n1
10-09-2014, 10:58 PM
tittos334:

Looks like a beautiful day fishing on the bay.

best,

Nick

SP Dan
10-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Hi ya titos334,

Great job on the SBB!

Excellent fish report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan ..... <"))><

Jaysuuun
10-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Triple on the Bama Rig!? That must have been fun!