PDA

View Full Version : Any Bonito in King Harbor?

AllaboutTrout
10-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Has anyone fished King harbor recently for Bonito? Anything happening there?

thanks

Ifishtoolittle
10-08-2014, 01:10 PM
No intel on the bonita; but a friend of mine caught some mackerel off the short pier last Friday around 9. High tide was at 11.

redondo todd
10-08-2014, 03:02 PM
The power plant was running yesterday , not sure about today good luck, Todd.

DockRat
10-09-2014, 08:39 PM
The power plant was running yesterday
Not today (Thur) I went wed for 1/2 hour for no bites.
Possible Yellowtail in KH, conditions are good.
DR

Ifishtoolittle
10-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Not today (Thur) I went wed for 1/2 hour for no bites.
Possible Yellowtail in KH, conditions are good.
DR

Don't see why not. The Indian bagged 100 yellowtail during the week. Nuts!

Bucket
10-13-2014, 09:39 AM

I have caught them fishing on Redondo beach by topaz st

DockRat
10-13-2014, 07:58 PM
The Indian has been hitting Catalina. 217 YT on Sunday.
There has been some boats working PV off Flat Rock and Rocky Point. These boats are outside about 1/4 mile from the kelp line. The 1/2 day boat Redondo Special and some other boats are out there but the YT counts are minimal. Check it out. DR

http://www.976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/landing2.php?landingmonth.15

LoveFish
10-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Yes, they are there ...very small...very early on the morning....on fly only....

crappiemike
10-15-2014, 07:37 PM
There's boners in there year
Around if you know where to
Look"...........

Cm

DockRat
10-16-2014, 06:05 AM
Yesterday (Wed) fished JCS from 5:30 till past sunset.
LC, 3" iron mac color, Kroc, Kastmaster. No Bites.
DR

Ifishtoolittle
10-19-2014, 12:20 PM
I have caught them fishing on Redondo beach by topaz st

That's pretty badass. Jellos from shore!

The Indian has been hitting Catalina. 217 YT on Sunday.
There has been some boats working PV off Flat Rock and Rocky Point. These boats are outside about 1/4 mile from the kelp line. The 1/2 day boat Redondo Special and some other boats are out there but the YT counts are minimal. Check it out. DR

http://www.976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/landing2.php?landingmonth.15

Oh they have? Well no wonder then.

I did hop on the Special a week ago for a shot at yellows. Yes, they are some little firecrackers. Should've been thrown back those little things. Although, once in a while someone does catch a nice 20lb+ model.

DockRat
10-20-2014, 07:43 AM
Fish Samba (Bubble Hole) on friday 5:30 to sunset. No steam coming from the power plant but the bubble was flowing hard.
Typical LC, Kastmaster, 3" blue/white iron then the Kroc for a 13" C&R Calico.
Fishdope was reporting Bonito and YT, for a couple days ?
DR

DockRat
10-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Check out this guys RB short pier pics :Shocked: I think Jackpot Jimmy got in on the 2011 Halibut run when he reported legal Hali's caught off the Tradition while in the slip. Also there is a pic of the 29 pound Sheephead that was caught off the short pier.

http://kenjonesfishing.com/2013/02/redondo-sportfishing-pier-—/

Ifishtoolittle
10-21-2014, 12:47 AM
Cool link DR. The stripper, I mean Striper, was caught from the beach if I remember correctly. The guy bought some bait from the pier so he went back to get a pic taken to show his catch.

As for the giant Sheephead, I almost want to call BS on that, but KH is very deep for a harbor so it's not that unusual if they're around.

DockRat
10-21-2014, 07:40 AM
That Sheephead was caught by the old RB Sportfishing owners son. I remember the Swordfish story. I was a paper boy around 1972 and it was a big story for about a week, just sitting under the dock at the marina for a week. The next pic under the Goat is a good shot of the bubble hole.

Fresh KH Broomtail video.

Well, they never left, but we haven't seen the biggest one in a while. This is it! About 6' long and a few hundred pounds. For size reference, note the Kelp Bass that swim in front of it. This one and 2 of its friends were using us and our bubbles as a barrier to ambush schools of Jack Mackerel (Trachurus symmetricus) - quite successfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGGhkpEWHws