PDA

View Full Version : San Onofre, 10/4/2014

murrieta angler
10-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Decided to hit one of my local haunts and see if anything wanted to play.
Arrived at the outgoing high tide, roughly 8:00, and arrived to pretty big waves...:Surprised:
The only reason I stayed is because it was 14-16 second intervals between sets.
I knew that it would flatten out as the morning went on and I was correct.
Got a couple of perch nibbles, but that's not what I was looking for.
Finally around 9:30 I get a solid bump, but no hook-up...:Neutral:
I cast out in the same vicinity and on the third toss, fish on!
It was a short halibut and it measured out at 16"...:Smile:

I was now working my way back to my truck and the first area that I fished was now at low tide, which was 1.8 feet...:Cool:
There was a super nice trench and some exposed rocks, I knew that it was going to get good.
I start casting and within 5 minutes I get a violent thump, brought it to shore and it was a healthy 18"er...:Smile:
Okay, it seems they are getting bigger every catch.
Another 20 minutes goes by and I get hooked up again, this one measures out at 20", toss it back and continue on.
It wasn't 10 minutes and I get my last flatty for the day, it measured out at 22" and I was done for the day.

Ended up with four halibut, 1 legal ( released ) and was back home by 1:30...:Big Grin:

Have a Great Week Everyone,
Robert
<><

bones
10-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Great job getting out Robert. I was thinking the same thing about the tide timing in my area but there doesn't to be any trenches or outside sand bars in my area right now and the beach crowds are getting fierce by 10:00 since it's been sweltering here locally. Not to mention the pumping southern hemi always floods the line up with surfers and paddle boarders on the weekends. If you don't find parking at greylight ...forget it completely.

Pretty much puts me in the air conditioned house just chillin if ya know what I'm saying...LOL
Good job whacking a few butts and even a legal brotha.

Be safe out there!

Edgar
10-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Very nice Robert ! Good to hear they're biting somewhere ! Really happy to hear about a legal getting pulled out !

Tight lines,
Edgar

saltman
10-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Hey Robert

Nice to here you are out in your old fishing ground again.
Great report.
Saltman..

bachiboy
10-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Way to get em brotha! Those swells were a little intimidating this weekend but looks like you made the most of it out there.:Wink:

Congrats on the legal!!!
Don

SP Dan
10-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Hey Robert,

Congratulations on the legal .... your success and determination is inspirational my friend!

It was good to see you at HG-6. :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><

anchor3n1
10-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Hi Robert

That sounds like one fantastic butt adventure. I like how you strategized the wave cycles and then how each successive hallie you landed was just a bit bigger than the last. Then you scored the goal and quit on top:Envious:

Thanks for the excellent report!!!

God bless you my friend,

Nick

Wingnut
10-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Nice post HG6 surf session Roberto, very productive. :Razz:
Congrats on the legal Hali, my legal Hali count sucks this year. :Envious:

Jaysuuun
10-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Just another fish story without pics! LOL j/k brotha good to see a report from you. I've been too chicken sheet to brave the rough swells. Nice job on pulling a legal. I'm due for another one myself. Perhaps this week. :Cool:

Riverdale
10-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Nice work, Sano is full of Buttlips, the Great Whites keep em close to shore lol

fishshep
11-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Decent fishing for sure !!! First thing I thought when I saw 'San Onefre" and your post name

was Legal White Sea Bass !!! :Smile:

Ifishtoolittle
11-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Lol don't you just love it when the fish gradually get bigger as the day passes by? Nice job Robert!

flyngby
12-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Roberto,

Sorry for the late response but been just as busy as you.

Great to see you get out and get the felling again and put some on the sand!

Happy Holidays my friend!

Steve