PDA

View Full Version : 10/4/ Session , First time using a Gopro.

Edgar
10-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Hey guys here's my first video hooking , fighting, and landing a short Butt . Maybe it will make you feel a little better )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6N-BvLbAQ&feature=youtu.be
Here's a couple more videos guys , hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE3njJmDn-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDVMiXLLu_I&list=UUbWB_wLPZSnWn-CbWZs5UwA

anchor3n1
10-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Hey Edgar:

Your "lucky spot" :Big Grin:

Awesome first video!!! I can't wait to see a legal or a WSB next.

Keep at it my friend,

Nick

Edgar
10-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Thank you Very much Nick ! Yeah my lure eating lucky spot )))

danw
10-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Killer. We gonna have fun.

murrieta angler
10-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Nice job Edgar! :Wink:
Robert
<><

bones
10-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Nice job Edgar. I can't believe there was even a shortie in that spot yesterday. I almost got taken out by that surge when a big ol wave bounced off of the wall and almost swept my feet. I got out of there and headed south looking for better conditions and there weren't any....LOL
Just goes to show you that if you persist it might just pay off!
Of course....you already know that very well!

A tip of my hat to you sir.....Cheers!

Mike

Fishbones
10-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Sweet vid E, and congrats on the pancake. Is that a Kroc? Lol

Edgar
10-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Nice job Edgar. I can't believe there was even a shortie in that spot yesterday. I almost got taken out by that surge when a big ol wave bounced off of the wall and almost swept my feet. I got out of there and headed south looking for better conditions and there weren't any....LOL
Just goes to show you that if you persist it might just pay off!
Of course....you already know that very well!

A tip of my hat to you sir.....Cheers!

Mike

Hey Mike , it was cool to see you out there , yeah the conditions were horrible however the bonies , smelt and mackerel were still tearing it up.
Hope to see you and better conditions next week :Big Grin:

Edgar

Edgar
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Sweet vid E, and congrats on the pancake. Is that a Kroc? Lol

Hey Bro , yeah that shorty nailed the Kroc !

Edgar
10-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Nice job Edgar! :Wink:
Robert
<><

Thank you very much Robert!

basshole1
10-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Nice videos Edgar!! I really enjoyed them, keep em coming!! :Thumbs Up:

bachiboy
10-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Nice videos man! Looks like some fun times!

Don

Edgar
10-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Hey guys, thank you very much!

SP Dan
10-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Excellent Effort Edgar!

Your persistence paid off ......
When the larger models arrive .... you will be more than prepared!

Way to go ... Edgar!! :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><

Wingnut
10-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Nice video Edgar... there will probably be a dozen sticks in your spot this week... I might be one of them. :LOL:
Keep up the good work out there... :Big Grin:

Edgar
10-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Nice video Edgar... there will probably be a dozen sticks in your spot this week... I might be one of them. :LOL:
Keep up the good work out there... :Big Grin:

Haha ) There was many sticks there this Sunday, but nobody had luck ) even my friend that was fishing with me, i Was hooking up almost every cast :Twisted:, A guy beside me got one smelt hahaha :Evil:. There was a bait and wait guy with squid , he had a very very nice sand bass and 1 small perch, the Sandy was around 4 pounds, a Beauty. Looking forward to hearing reports from my spot :Big Grin:. Good luck out there everyone !

Edgar
10-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Excellent Effort Edgar!

Your persistence paid off ......
When the larger models arrive .... you will be more than prepared!

Way to go ... Edgar!! :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><

Thank you very much Dan , happy to hear from you !

bones
10-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Just checked out your other two vid uploads...Nice!
A word of caution about documenting your fishing spots. Looking around a lot with your GoPro will lead the bucket brigade to your spots for sure. Be careful...there are quite a few folks that will keep short halibut...I know....It's sad but true.
I like the music choice for your vids and man....maybe it's the bend in the GoPro fish eye effect but you can make a little bonito look like a monster.....LOL.....Did you attend the Wingnut school of fishing :ROFL:
Can't wait until you stick a drag burner and omit the music so we can hear that ....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

manuel149
10-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Those are some nice videos!! i was supposed to be there the previous week but an unforeseen problem kept me home:Angry:.
Well i made it out same day as your second video, i was the guy that asked you if that was a short you had caught.
You had your rod bent most the morning WTG. Keep slaying em.
By the way i got skunked, the waves were to rough for me and my sprained ankle.

Manny
Keep those videos coming

Edgar
10-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Just checked out your other two vid uploads...Nice!
A word of caution about documenting your fishing spots. Looking around a lot with your GoPro will lead the bucket brigade to your spots for sure. Be careful...there are quite a few folks that will keep short halibut...I know....It's sad but true.
I like the music choice for your vids and man....maybe it's the bend in the GoPro fish eye effect but you can make a little bonito look like a monster.....LOL.....Did you attend the Wingnut school of fishing :ROFL:
Can't wait until you stick a drag burner and omit the music so we can hear that ....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LOL Mike ! I'll take Wingnut school as a compliment ))) yeah I'm not gonna burn myself on my AO's anymore , well at least I'm gonna try ))

Edgar
10-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Those are some nice videos!! i was supposed to be there the previous week but an unforeseen problem kept me home:Angry:.
Well i made it out same day as your second video, i was the guy that asked you if that was a short you had caught.
You had your rod bent most the morning WTG. Keep slaying em.
By the way i got skunked, the waves were to rough for me and my sprained ankle.

Manny
Keep those videos coming

Nice seeing you out there Manny , it's a bummer you got skunked , my Rod was loaded up pretty much the whole day, after you left the yellowfin showed up, me and Danw caught quite a few :Cool:

madbass
10-07-2014, 04:47 PM
great videos! gonna start taking mine out soon... I hit a spot just north of that place and the bonies along with short butts were wide open....
that place is full of bait right now...thanks for sharing.

Jaysuuun
10-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Nice vids Edgar! It took me several skunks before I could capture my first GoPro fish LOL. Try cutting out the parts where you turn and capture what's behind you and transitioning back to when your looking towards the ocean again. The zoom feature can also help hide some of the background. Last thing you want is the bucket brigade hammering your honey hole!

TUNAVIC
10-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Pretty nice vids for your first,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

noleash
10-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Hey guys here's my first video hooking , fighting, and landing a short Butt . Maybe it will make you feel a little better )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6N-BvLbAQ&feature=youtu.be
Here's a couple more videos guys , hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE3njJmDn-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDVMiXLLu_I&list=UUbWB_wLPZSnWn-CbWZs5UwA

Pretty Flip ang Flinging cool dude! On that BoneHead vidio I was just waiting for that Crock to come unbuttoned and smack me in the face!:Shocked:

noleash
10-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Pretty Flip ang Flinging cool dude! On that BoneHead vidio I was just waiting for that Crock to come unbuttoned and smack me in the face!:Shocked:

Asian true love pop up add?

noleash
10-13-2014, 12:36 PM

Free Trial !!

Edgar
10-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Thanx a lot for all the tips guys !

fishshep
10-19-2014, 04:33 AM
:Cool: I feel better now that I got a new spot to go to for Butts !!! :ROFL:

Nice Catching Vids :Big Grin: