PDA

View Full Version : surf fishing tips?

fliggidy
10-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Hi guys, newbie to the site here.

My parents are in from norcal and want to do some surf fishing. I'm out of torrance and was wondering where would u recommend I take them?

Thanks in advance

Edgar
10-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Hey Fliggidy, all socal beaches hold fish , some more than others, but in general you will catch fish at most beaches. My suggestion is to hit the closest location and fish a couple techniques, for lure fishing i would recommend either a LC flash minnow 110 , Kroc , or any 2-4 inch rubber swim bait fished on the dropshot . I'm not a bait and wait kind of guy , but in my experience mussel, ghost shrimp, and bloodworms are the most effective to have a shot at quite a few species .

Wish you luck buddy. Hope my reply was some kind of help!

fliggidy
10-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Hi Edgar, thanks for the tip. I'll try out your tips and see what I'll catch. If anything I'll post and update. My dad brought some blood worms this morning so hopefully we get the right set up for the fishes liking.

thanks again.

Floyd

bones
10-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Right now there is a pretty good southern hemi swell. The area from RAT (Right After Torrance) beach up to Kings harbor is somewhat protected and thereby safer. I would give that area a try at greylight before the surfers invade the area.
Good luck and tight lines to you and your pops!

fliggidy
10-07-2014, 11:26 AM
We tried to go there the other day at 630am and the surfers at RAT beach didn't seem to happy so after about 30 min we ended up leaving.

Who else Surf fish at RAT beach here? i'd love to join some people if possible.

Thanks again Bones for the tip as well..

Right now there is a pretty good southern hemi swell. The area from RAT (Right After Torrance) beach up to Kings harbor is somewhat protected and thereby safer. I would give that area a try at greylight before the surfers invade the area.
Good luck and tight lines to you and your pops!

fishing_freak
10-07-2014, 06:04 PM
if you just wanna go out and have a good time venice beach has some good perch fishing. Its nothing big but your catching fish...

DockRat
10-08-2014, 06:46 AM
We tried to go there the other day at 630am ..

Some areas and times have more surfers. Towards Ave I to Ave A has less.
The stretch between Topaz and (King Harbor) KH guys don't surf.
Try King Harbor rocks from Samba to just past Joes Crab Shack. Reports of Bonito in KH I hear.
DR