PDA

View Full Version : The future of Hiring???

pcuser
10-01-2014, 07:55 AM
I know some people here believe that I post to create controversy. So, let me say this about this link. Are we going done a dangerous path with this 'testing'? Are the issues bought up in the piece fair? Are we excluding qualified people who would be good at the job and need a step up? What trend are we watching emerge here?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/are-workplace-personality-tests-fair-164715348.html

DEVOREFLYER
10-01-2014, 11:36 AM
You create controversy, shocked I tell ya. Most people stop when they step on their dick, very few burst out into tap dancing... You on the other hand are a Sammy Davis Jr.

DarkShadow
10-01-2014, 11:46 AM
I know some people here believe that I post to create controversy. So, let me say this about this link. Are going done a dangerous path with this 'testing'? Are the issues bought up in the piece fair? Are we excluding qualified people who would be good at the job and need a step up? What trend are we watching emerge here?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/are-workplace-personality-tests-fair-164715348.html

I think the intelligent candidate knows exactly how to answer these so called personality tests.

I mean, cmon...check this question out: "Over the course of the day, I can experience many mood changes."

Who on earth is going to answer yes to that? They are essentially asking you if you can fly off the handle at any given time, and any moron that answers "Yes" to that question should be given the label of a moron, and have it count against them in the job application process.

"If something very bad happens, it takes some time before I feel happy again." LOL. "Yes, it takes me at least 5 months to recover from a customer yelling at me."

I think these are more 'intelligence' based tests than 'personality' based tests. And I have no problem with intelligent candidates being hired, and these 'personality' tests being used to screen out the mouth breathers.

Lady Quagga
10-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I thought this section of the article was interesting:

Workplace personality testing has become a $500 million-a-year business and is growing by 10% to 15% a year, estimates Hogan Assessment Systems Inc., a Tulsa, Okla., testing company. Xerox Corp. says tests have reduced attrition in high-turnover customer-service jobs by 20 or more days in some cases. Dialog Direct, of Highland Park, Mich., says the testing software allows the call-center operator and manager to predict with 80% accuracy which employees will get the highest performance scores.

Translation: we were able to identify the poor bastards who could take multiple kicks to the groin and still wear a smile the longest.

Incidentally, I don't find anything particularly controversial about the recent threads started by pcuser. Asking for people's opinions isn't the problem - it's the half-wit responses which start the flame wars here. And honestly, pcuser doesn't have to post a damn thing for the mouthbreathers to come out of the woodwork - they do a fine job of that all on their own.

Stormcrow
10-01-2014, 01:35 PM
And honestly, pcuser doesn't have to post a damn thing for the mouthbreathers to come out of the woodwork - they do a fine job of that all on their own.

LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL LMAO LMAO LMAO LOLOLOLOLOL ohhhhhhhhhh I think I just wet myself....

You....Of ALLL PEOPLE...using the word: "MouthBreather" on anyone other than yourself???????? OHHHHH THE IRONY!!!!!

If I wasn't convinced your parents spoon fed you ladles of lead paint as a child I might be surprised by your statement.

Lady Quagga
10-01-2014, 02:01 PM
LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL LMAO LMAO LMAO LOLOLOLOLOL ohhhhhhhhhh I think I just wet myself....

You....Of ALLL PEOPLE...using the word: "MouthBreather" on anyone other than yourself???????? OHHHHH THE IRONY!!!!!

If I wasn't convinced your parents spoon fed you ladles of lead paint as a child I might be surprised by your statement.

Who are you kidding? Considering your feebleminded attempts at cohesive thought, I doubt it takes much to surprise or convince you of anything. It is amusing to see you contradict yourself, though - at least you're consistent in that regard.

HawgZWylde
10-01-2014, 02:22 PM

Translation: we were able to identify the poor bastards who could take multiple kicks to the groin and still wear a smile the longest.

Incidentally, I don't find anything particularly controversial about the recent threads started by pcuser. Asking for people's opinions isn't the problem - it's the half-wit responses which start the flame wars here. And honestly, pcuser doesn't have to post a damn thing for the mouthbreathers to come out of the woodwork - they do a fine job of that all on their own.

it's the half-wit responses which start the flame wars here

You own that category lock, stock and barrel.

half-wit responses which start the flame wars here...mouthbreathers to come out of the woodwork - they do a fine job of that all on their own.

Like you just did...

Stormcrow
10-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Who are you kidding? Considering your feebleminded attempts at cohesive thought, I doubt it takes much to surprise or convince you of anything. It is amusing to see you contradict yourself, though - at least you're consistent in that regard.

LOL and again, yet another weak comeback as you struggle for an impressive vernacular. EPIC FAIL.

Another spoonful of lead paint? Here ya go!!!

Lady Quagga
10-01-2014, 02:50 PM
You own that category lock, stock and barrel.

Yet another example of your continued hypocrisy. How refreshing.

Like you just did...

It must be difficult for you Hawgy, not being able to comprehend your native tongue.

Lady Quagga
10-01-2014, 02:52 PM
LOL and again, yet another weak comeback as you struggle for an impressive vernacular. EPIC FAIL.

Another spoonful of lead paint? Here ya go!!!

It's no struggle, really. That you would suggest it is says more about you than anything else. As does your lead paint reference. And your continuing self-contradiction. :Thumbs Up:

sealclubber
10-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I know some people here believe that I post to create controversy. So, let me say this about this link. Are going done a dangerous path with this 'testing'? Are the issues bought up in the piece fair? Are we excluding qualified people who would be good at the job and need a step up? What trend are we watching emerge here?

Pcuser...youre right..me labeling you as a **** starter was unfair....my bad....guess i joined at an interesting time and was not aware of your intentions. i apologize.
As for the article i found it very interesting..Big words and all....but seriously, like mentioned if you knowingly answer a question that will hurt your chances yes.MORON.....Even lil kids know to lie to a hurtful question.
Correct me if Im wrong but isnt that what a probationary period is for?Doesnt the managers responsibilities include the oversight and discipline of potential problem employees?
Im not sure how i feel about the testing but i believe a computerized test will not replace actual evidence of competency.....

pcuser
10-01-2014, 05:49 PM
You create controversy, shocked I tell ya. Most people stop when they step on their dick, very few burst out into tap dancing... You on the other hand are a Sammy Davis Jr.

Hey, I tap dance because I can step on my dick...

pcuser
10-01-2014, 06:01 PM
I think the intelligent candidate knows exactly how to answer these so called personality tests.

I mean, cmon...check this question out: "Over the course of the day, I can experience many mood changes."

Who on earth is going to answer yes to that? They are essentially asking you if you can fly off the handle at any given time, and any moron that answers "Yes" to that question should be given the label of a moron, and have it count against them in the job application process.

"If something very bad happens, it takes some time before I feel happy again." LOL. "Yes, it takes me at least 5 months to recover from a customer yelling at me."

I think these are more 'intelligence' based tests than 'personality' based tests. And I have no problem with intelligent candidates being hired, and these 'personality' tests being used to screen out the mouth breathers.

Actually, these are just the first, less sophisticated tests. With time, they will become subtle tests that one will not know the 'right answers' for. Mathematical algorithms are becoming incredibly sophisticated and powerful. They are changing science for the better while increasing our understanding. They can and probably will be used in this way to understand what anyone is about. If this information is used wisely, it can be fair and useful. However, as with all things, some will use them for the wrong purposes. That's what we need to think about.

pcuser
10-01-2014, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the assist. LOL

pcuser
10-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Pcuser...youre right..me labeling you as a **** starter was unfair....my bad....guess i joined at an interesting time and was not aware of your intentions. i apologize.
As for the article i found it very interesting..Big words and all....but seriously, like mentioned if you knowingly answer a question that will hurt your chances yes.MORON.....Even lil kids know to lie to a hurtful question.
Correct me if Im wrong but isnt that what a probationary period is for?Doesnt the managers responsibilities include the oversight and discipline of potential problem employees?
Im not sure how i feel about the testing but i believe a computerized test will not replace actual evidence of competency.....
Please see my above response. I sometimes jump ahead with my thinking and don't make my concerns more pertinent to the level of the article. Sorry.

Stormcrow
10-01-2014, 06:33 PM
It's no struggle, really. That you would suggest it is says more about you than anything else. As does your lead paint reference. And your continuing self-contradiction. :Thumbs Up:

As usual, nobody knows what contradiction you're referring too. Again, as if it needs to be said YET ONE MORE TIME....you're a mouth breathing troll. Just do the world a favor....stop typing....like...forever.....just stop.

Lady Quagga
10-01-2014, 07:17 PM
As usual, nobody knows what contradiction you're referring too.

You don't have to go back more than a week to see the contradiction in your own posts. It's no surprise you either can't recall or are unable to comprehend your own statements.

Stormcrow
10-01-2014, 07:38 PM
You don't have to go back more than a week to see the contradiction in your own posts. It's no surprise you either can't recall or are unable to comprehend your own statements.

LOL still dreaming in your own world..... sigh.

Funny...thats how Obama got elected.

Another spoonful of lead paint Quagga? Mmmmmmmm Nom Nom Nom. Quagga likie? Awwwwww yeaaahhhh....Thats a gooooood mouth breather. More?

LOLOLOL God you give us an uncomfortable laugh...almost sympathetic...so pathetic it makes my stomach turn. LOLOLOLOL *just shaking my head*

Lady Quagga
10-01-2014, 08:12 PM
LOL still dreaming in your own world..... sigh.

Funny...thats how Obama got elected.

Another spoonful of lead paint Quagga? Mmmmmmmm Nom Nom Nom. Quagga likie? Awwwwww yeaaahhhh....Thats a gooooood mouth breather. More?

LOLOLOL God you give us an uncomfortable laugh...almost sympathetic...so pathetic it makes my stomach turn. LOLOLOLOL *just shaking my head*

Once again: you don't have to go back more than a week to see the contradiction in your own posts. It's no surprise you either can't recall or are unable to comprehend your own statements.

But keep up with your inane drivel - it may not be much, but we know it's all you have to offer. :Thumbs Up:

Stormcrow
10-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Once again: you don't have to go back more than a week to see the contradiction in your own posts. It's no surprise you either can't recall or are unable to comprehend your own statements.

But keep up with your inane drivel - it may not be much, but we know it's all you have to offer. :Thumbs Up:

You mad bro? Another spoonful of lead paint maybe?

Lady Quagga
10-01-2014, 10:56 PM
You mad bro?

Nope.

Stormcrow
10-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Nope.

You keep saying the same thing...senseless...worthless...more lead paint quagga? Another spoonful?
You seem mad to me...you mad bro?

Rage quit quagga???

Lady Quagga
10-01-2014, 11:35 PM
You seem mad to me...you mad bro?

Rage quit quagga???

Nope.

Stormcrow
10-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Nope.

Rage? You mad bro? More lead paint down your gullet? Troll

Lady Quagga
10-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Rage? You mad bro?

Nope.

Stormcrow
10-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Nope.

Copy and paste troll? You mad? Is that all? Another spoonful of lead paint quagga??

smokehound
10-02-2014, 11:05 PM
lol this is lame. y'all fight too much

Stormcrow
10-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Normally I ignore that troll but for some reason I want to have the last word in this one.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Copy and paste troll? You mad? Is that all? Another spoonful of lead paint quagga??

Nope.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 07:45 AM
copy and paste? More lead paint?

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Yep.

Once again: you don't have to go back more than a week to see the contradiction in your own posts. It's no surprise you either can't recall or are unable to comprehend your own statements. Must be your lead diet you keep trying to share with me.

Copy and Paste again troll? I can do this alllll day. 50 pages. Go write a fishing report....if you can get the lead paint out of your system.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Copy and Paste again troll? I can do this alllll day. 50 pages. Go write a fishing report....if you can get the lead paint out of your system.

Yep.

Once again: you don't have to go back more than a week to see the contradiction in your own posts. It's no surprise you either can't recall or are unable to comprehend your own statements. Must be your lead diet you keep trying to share with me.

But keep up with your inane drivel - it may not be much, but we know it's all you have to offer.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Yep.

But keep up with your inane drivel - it may not be much, but we know it's all you have to offer.

Copy and Paste again troll? I can do this alllll day. 50 pages. GO WRITE A FISHING REPORT...If you can get the lead paint out of your system...

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Copy and Paste again troll? I can do this alllll day. 50 pages. GO WRITE A FISHING REPORT...If you can get the lead paint out of your system...

Yep.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Yep.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 10:23 AM

Yep.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Yep.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 12:17 PM

Yep.

Once again: you don't have to go back more than a week to see the contradiction in your own posts. It's no surprise you either can't recall or are unable to comprehend your own statements. Must be all your lead lunches you keep trying to share with everyone.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Yep.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 12:34 PM

Yep.

Once again: you don't have to go back more than a week to see the contradiction in your own posts. It's no surprise you either can't recall or are unable to comprehend your own statements. Must be all your lead lunches you keep trying to share with everyone.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Yep.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 12:53 PM

Yep.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 01:14 PM
you know, you're right. I am an idiot...a pitiful clown. I sit here on my bloated a** all day long. I have no life and my only pleasure is trolling a fishing website. I want to disappear forever, I just can't. Misery loves company, and I want to drag as many people through my misery as possible. It makes me feel less of a loser. Although hiding that sad, plain truth is utterly impossible. You're right. In the end, you always were. I'm sorry for insulting you.
:Thumbs Up:

Wow....For once I agree with you!!! Perhaps your parents feeding you lead paint days on end as a child has finally left your system! Perhaps you will finally go away.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Wow....For once I agree with you!!! Perhaps your parents feeding you lead paint days on end as a child has finally left your system! Perhaps you will finally go away.

Amusing fake post.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 01:34 PM
you know, you're right. I am an idiot...a pitiful clown. I sit here on my bloated a** all day long. I have no life and my only pleasure is trolling a fishing website. I want to disappear forever, I just can't. Misery loves company, and I want to drag as many people through my misery as possible. It makes me feel less of a loser. Although hiding that sad, plain truth is utterly impossible. You're right. In the end, you always were. I'm sorry for insulting you.

I cant agree more. Now please go away...

etucker1959
10-03-2014, 01:37 PM
I have a policy of staying out of Lady Q battles. She doesn't need any help from me!!!!! However, I was lumped together by him, with the other people who disagree with Mr. StormCrap polictics!!!!! (Sorry Hardcore for stealing your line) About not writing fish reports. I was short on time, but I wrote one this morning. That makes 3 in the last 3 weeks!! The big acuser here (StormCrap) of other people not writing fish reports and calling them Trolls. Made me wonder, "HOW MANY FISH REPORTS DID MR. STORMCRAP WRITE THIS YEAR"????? 10-15 maybe 20-30. Nope 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TWO are you kidding ME 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who writes JUST 2 fishing reports in 3/4 of a year has, "NO ROOM TO TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE NOT WRITING FISH REPORTS"!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 01:45 PM
I cant agree more. Now please go away...

Amusing fake post.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 01:48 PM

Please go away....get a job...write a fish report....I don't want your apology!

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Please go away....get a job...write a fish report....I don't want your apology!

Amusing fake post.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 02:13 PM
I have no idea why I try to have the last word. Its something I just cant let go. I am such a glorified troll. I am ashamed of myself. If you see me waddling down the road would you hit me with the car?

No, but I am sure somebody will.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 02:15 PM
No, but I am sure somebody will.

Amusing fake post.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm a troll....just ignore me

Yes you are....

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Yes you are....

Amusing fake post.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 02:43 PM
I need more lead paint in my diet.

I agree...another few spoonfuls would serve you well.

Lady Quagga
10-03-2014, 02:47 PM
I agree...another few spoonfuls would serve you well.

Amusing fake post.

Stormcrow
10-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Youre right, I have no proof of any contradiction you made. I simply claim your posts are fake. Its all I have

Ya dont claim **** if you cant back up ****.

lead paint drinking troll