PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 9/29

Matt_Magnone
09-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Hit the lake in the AM for a couple quick swimmer fish. By 9:00AM the lake went glass so I put the boat on the trailer and went to Perris for a couple hours. Did my thing there for a while and loaded up around 1:30PM/2:00PM and drove back to DVL for the afternoon bite. Wind started up right when I dumped back in but then just went to that "slight ripple" junk. Definitely a bummer when we get the wind from the NW. S SW BABY! that's what we need! NEED IT SLOPPY CHOPPY!

Main goal like always was to search for larger grade fish with the swimbait. Ended the day with a limit and a half of fish on the swimbait so like 7 fish. but nothing over 4 pounds.

Gear used:
Daiwa Pluton 30# to 20#
Megabass Orochi XX F5-75XX
Gancraft Jointed Claw 178

Pattern today consisted of tree lines.

Oh by the way. New hours. Lake is closing at 5:30. I was a little late today so to save yourselves the hassle make sure you keep a mental note!

Glenn
09-30-2014, 02:56 PM
I was there yesterday too. I think you were in line in front of me at the gate but I didn't realize it until I saw your post :Rolls Eyes:

I finally got into some DVL action thanks to your solid advice & encouragement!

ZNorris
09-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info! Hows the bite over at Perris?

Matt_Magnone
10-04-2014, 08:17 PM
hit perris for some smaller fish. it wasn't popping off like everyone's blabbing about. dvl has been popping off for me so i put the boat on the trailer and went back over.

Matt_Magnone
10-04-2014, 08:19 PM
I was there yesterday too. I think you were in line in front of me at the gate but I didn't realize it until I saw your post :Rolls Eyes:

I finally got into some DVL action thanks to your solid advice & encouragement!

glenn, i have a chevy 1500 with "megabass and Lastchancetackle.com" on the rear window. you really can't miss me. between roman made stickers on my outboard and last chance tackle stickers on my truck; i sorta stick out like a sore thumb.

if you see me next time; cruise up

Glenn
10-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Will do for sure!