PDA

View Full Version : 32.5 inch 15 pound Lingcod, Cambria Slamdown 3

Prowler_Tuber
09-29-2014, 12:29 AM
I attended Central Coast Kayak Fishing's Cambria Slam Down this weekend. It was an amazing event, the raffle prizes were absolutely amazing, they gave away a Jackson Kayak for the first place finisher and raffled off a Hobie Outback and a Malibu Kayak. I fished from 40' to 100' of water with some deadheads I made and some berkley gulp and squid. I hooked a 2 small blue rockfish and had 2 smaller lingcod follow them up and try and eat them off the line i tried to get them closer to gaff but they were not locked down on them. I landed my PB Blue Lingcod it was 32.2 inches and weighed a little over 15 pounds. I was an amazing event and I can't wait to go back next year.

http://youtu.be/TOAcHjW6IQo?list=UUxAB47GpRRmAcfWCz8Vf8Gw

TUNAVIC
09-29-2014, 09:41 AM
That was one awesome video,wifey and I always have lunch on that cliff every time we are up north, congrats on your PB ling,man that follower was a pig,to bad he didn't hang on,you really have your yak rigged very nice,looks like a very efficient fish slaying machine,that last footage of the shore landings was really cool! Thanks again for the vid.

Cya Tuna Vic