PDA

View Full Version : HG6 - Just what we needed!!!

anchor3n1
09-28-2014, 10:02 PM
ANTICIPATION
Noelle, Alexa and I had so much fun and great memories from last year at HG5. And since then, we have connected with many FNNrs, many SWAT folks through the boards/PMs and even got to serve at a couple of public service fishing outreaches to needy children where we got to hang out with SWAT folks and FNNers. So, all of us were looking forward to HG6 and seeing face to face so many people we have met last year and meet for the first time others we have only communicated with over postings and PMing. Oh, of course the girls had to come defend their titles from last year, too:Wink:

REALITIES
Whenever you get to go on a fishing adventure or something fun outdoors you make sure you do some preparation if even the night before, right? Well I haven't been able to do much in terms of fishing in awhile lately due to work and church responsibilities that have temporarily increased. Then two weeks ago we get hit with a tremendous project at work that required me to be there everyday, nights and weekends. This lasted for two weeks and ended yesterday. Needless to say, I am coughing and rundown. I planned on making bait on friday consisting of sand crabs and side winder crabs plus picking up live lugworms. There was no time though but I did manage to get the lugworms and a friend of the family caught some sidewinders. I did the best I could the night before to get the stuff ready for the three of us ready. Certain things weren't done, lures/tackle not packed. We even forgot sunscreen:Rolls Eyes: When we left the house, our "backstop" bait (lugworms) were left in the fridge for my wife to find when she got up:Shocked:

However, we did arrive on time and were even the first in line to register. We got to the water and put our lines in...

ACTION
Today's strategy was supposed to be that the girls would make sure they catch 10 BSP (cuz we figure that would be an easy 10 points) and then pursue whatever other species we could to get the best score they could. My job was mostly to be their "bait boy/deck hand". Well it seemed like a good strategy but I guess we really weren't up for it (didn't have our live bait, didn't have the right lures, didn't have the energy). The girls managed to squeak several BSP. That was it. They saw folks catching macks, bonito, butts, leos all around us plus Bill Varney using lugworms who was pulling in the BSP left and right. But here's the great thing about it...Noelle and Alexa were fine, in fact more than fine. They called it around 11am with 2 hours more to go because they saw how tired out their dear Ol' Dad was. That was more important to them. It warmed my heart!!!

So we put all our stuff back in the car, went and got some food and hung out with the folks at the HG6 HQ.

REWARDS - "WE GET IT"
Last year (HG5) was incredible. We had a blast plus the girls did great in the derby. But frankly this year was even better. I realized so clearly (my girls did so naturally) that this is what the HG events are all about - friendship, fun, sharing - fishing is just the "point of contact" for all this to take place. Fishing and catching is awesome but friendship and camaraderie is way beyond!!!

We ate and then we began talking and meeting so many people. If you saw Noelle and Alexa's faces, you noticed huge smiles. They loved it.
everyone filled their "love tanks" up. It was so nice to see them happy.

It was great to meet so many fellow FNN folks. So many smiley faces and friendly folks. We reconnected with City Dad (Tim) and the City girls (Kelly and Lilah).

We got to see Arthur (Wingnut) whom we adore and so appreciate for his great example of always seeking to bless others and us!!!
We got to talk to Don (bachiboy)for a while who really made an impression on the girls last year and is such a great ambassador. He even shared the vision and purpose of SWAT to us.
Finally, I got to meet Robert (murietta angler) in person and give him a hug after an aborted attempt at fishing together last January.
It was great to finally get a chance to talk to Dave (PerchinDave) and watch him charm my girls.
Brad (Dawn Treader)and Bill (Which Way Out), it was great meeting both of you and chatting for awhile. I look forward to hitting up a spot or two with you in the coming season.
Lt. Bones - Mike, thanks for taking the time to share with us your stories of your family on the beach, insights and advice. You are a blessing to me. It was good to talk in person after all the PMs/posts this last year.
Ken (Skunked4life) has so often left me encouraging replies on my posts. I really wanted to speak to him in person but at least we shook hands before he had to run to his son's violin recital.
We saw Dan (SP Dan), who was the first SWAT member we met last year, who again greeted us with his encouraging smile and red SWAT hat:Smile:
And met Lucas (Mr Dunev) and several other SWAT members who were so sweet to the girls.

GRATEFULNESS
It's about an hour drive home for us. While we were on the freeway, Noelle told me how much she enjoyed herself at the derby. Alexa piped in and said, "me too!". They can't wait till next year when they get to see everyone again (and fish too). Then they told me about everyone they talked to and how nice people were. Wow, all I can say to Arthur, Mike and all the SWAT folks is a big thank you for all the planning and work you did again for this event. You truly blessed my little family (and everyone else who came I am sure):Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

All the best to all of you,

Nick

murrieta angler
09-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Hello Nick,
It was a pleasure to finally meet and talk with you, as well as Noelle and Alexa...:Big Grin:
I wish we could have talked more, but another family needed some help and I was then on a mission to help them get on some fish.
Your girls have grown, since last year, and they looked like they were having a blast..:Smile:
I'm so glad that the 3 of you were able to make it again this year and I'm sure I will be seeing you all in the future again..:Wink:
Take Care & God Bless You & Your Family,
Robert
<><

Rooster
09-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Great report! Nice to see others that Get it! Props

City Dad
09-29-2014, 12:32 PM
great to see you guys. looking forward to the Daughters vs. Dads derby.

Bucket
09-29-2014, 01:03 PM
I had a blast too even when I went by myself. Didn't catch anything memorable but did make new friends. Will come back next year

5150fishn
09-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Good times for sure. Glad you and the girls had a blast. Your family understands what it is all about and that is great!

Wingnut
09-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Nick, you and the girls indeed "Get It" and I'm so thankful for your friendship and support.

Do you remember the last thing that you said to me before you left? It really touched my heart. :Big Grin:

Thank you for being an instrument of His will and being the light that leads the way. Know that you are loved and appreciated...

Keep in mind what we talked about... I'll be in touch soon. :Wink:

bones
09-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Nick,

This was the first time we really had the opportunity to talk and I wanted to let you know that it was my honor and pleasure to finally meet such a wonderful man. I've always said that the man shines through his children and you my friend definitely do that in such a special way. I can't emphasize enough how impressed I was with not only your kindness but even more....The wonderful children you have mentored in life.
Very impressive to say the least. Your kindness and sincerity was heartwarming for sure. Keep up the awesome work you do from the heart and soul sir. When Arthur told me about the last thing your said to him I wasn't surprised at all. I was though..... Warmed in such a very special way.
Take care of yourself my friend.
God Bless you always,

Mike

bachiboy
09-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Just seeing the how much you and the girls enjoy this makes it worth all the effort that goes into planning such an event. You are truly blessed with an amazing family and it has been awesome getting to know you through FNN and the HG events. I know you were saying that the summer was a little busy for you, and especially Noelle, but hope you get back to the surf again soon. Glad you were able to fight off that cold enough to come out and we'll have to set up a session together sometime soon.:Wink:

Take care...
Don

anchor3n1
09-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Hello Nick,
It was a pleasure to finally meet and talk with you, as well as Noelle and Alexa...:Big Grin:
I wish we could have talked more, but another family needed some help and I was then on a mission to help them get on some fish.
Your girls have grown, since last year, and they looked like they were having a blast..:Smile:
I'm so glad that the 3 of you were able to make it again this year and I'm sure I will be seeing you all in the future again..:Wink:
Take Care & God Bless You & Your Family,
Robert
<><

Hi Robert:

I am glad we got to see each other face to face finally and that you got to my meet my two girls. They were really looking forward to meeting you:Razz:
Yes we will see each other again hopefully sooner then next year's HG and we'll get to chat about church, God and maybe fishing -:LOL:

And yes, you can call me "dood" I mean "dude" anytime you want:Envious:

God bless you brother,

Nick

Great report! Nice to see others that Get it! Props

Thank you my friend:Smile:

great to see you guys. looking forward to the Daughters vs. Dads derby.

Hi Tim:

that sounds like a plan - losers buy lunch. I guess that means you and I are buying--:LOL:

I'll be in touch. take care,

Nick

Good times for sure. Glad you and the girls had a blast. Your family understands what it is all about and that is great!

I appreciate the encouragement,

Take care,

Nick

Nick, you and the girls indeed "Get It" and I'm so thankful for your friendship and support.

Do you remember the last thing that you said to me before you left? It really touched my heart. :Big Grin:

Thank you for being an instrument of His will and being the light that leads the way. Know that you are loved and appreciated...

Keep in mind what we talked about... I'll be in touch soon. :Wink:

Hi Arthur:

I do remember. And I mean it too. Just text me, call whenever you need it and I'm on my knees!!!

What wonderful words--I am so glad to call you my friend and my brother!

Yesss...I am looking forward to hearing from you:Big Grin:

God bless you my friend,

Nick

Nick,

This was the first time we really had the opportunity to talk and I wanted to let you know that it was my honor and pleasure to finally meet such a wonderful man. I've always said that the man shines through his children and you my friend definitely do that in such a special way. I can't emphasize enough how impressed I was with not only your kindness but even more....The wonderful children you have mentored in life.
Very impressive to say the least. Your kindness and sincerity was heartwarming for sure. Keep up the awesome work you do from the heart and soul sir. When Arthur told me about the last thing your said to him I wasn't surprised at all. I was though..... Warmed in such a very special way.
Take care of yourself my friend.
God Bless you always,

Mike

Hi Mike:

It was a real joy and blessing to get to chat with you in person finally. You have so much wisdom and encouraging things to say. I enjoyed meeting you .It was a real honor. My girls really loved talking to you. You made such an impression on them cuz you talked with them and engaged them. Your a pretty special person!

Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to me coming from you, my friend..!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you more, hearing more stories especially of you and your kids, and lots more PMs/replies:EyePop:

God bless you too - may God's grace be with you, my friend!!!

Nick

Just seeing the how much you and the girls enjoy this makes it worth all the effort that goes into planning such an event. You are truly blessed with an amazing family and it has been awesome getting to know you through FNN and the HG events. I know you were saying that the summer was a little busy for you, and especially Noelle, but hope you get back to the surf again soon. Glad you were able to fight off that cold enough to come out and we'll have to set up a session together sometime soon.:Wink:

Take care...
Don

Hi Don

The girls and I were looking forward to coming to HG6 for several reasons. The biggest reason though was to see everyone again. You are one of the girls favorite SWAT guys because of how you reached out to them last year on the beach. So it made their day when you came up to us again Saturday.

I feel the same about getting to know you too. And thank you for the PMs/post replies throughout the months with the advice and tips.

I look forward to that session someday with you too!

All the best my friend,

Nick

fishfrenzy
10-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Thank you for sharing. I am sure that you had a great day with your daughters!