PDA

View Full Version : Come on guys!

Matt_Magnone
09-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Get yourselves off your chairs and go fishing! Fall transition is kicking in and the fish are eating. I'm gonna be out Monday and Tuesday for some carnage.

Fish are wolf packing and there's been some GOOOOOOD ones up. It's the time to get them when they're in full blown feeding mode.

Just a little bit of advice for those thinking about getting out there. With limited crowds at the moment and stability of the water, the fish aren't in any way, shape or form in a negative feeding mode. The reaction bait bite has been a lot of fun and if that's not your cup of tea, you can get bit on the worm. A lot are probably questioning me why I'm telling everyone as opposed to keeping my mouth shut. The answer is simple. The bite's good enough where I don't need to hoard it. Plenty of fish to go around. Bluegill, Baby Bass and Silversides are everywhere making it a great opportunity for numbers fishing as well as a shot to catch a good one. Water has been off colored with visibility 10' -12'

If you see me on the water Monday or Tuesday. Hit me up and I'll show you what I'm doing. Pretty basic arsenal check.

Swimbait - Gancraft
Swimbait - Gancraft
Swimbait - Roman Made Mother
Swimbait - Mag Topwater
Jig - 1/2oz Custom
Worm - 9" Upton
Worm - 4" Bass Chow

Bite's not 40 fish but how often is it really? Realistically you'll go through 10-20 on the worm and have them be from 12" - 4#'s. If you stay around the small fish you can almost catch them every cast. By small fish I mean 7"-12". Swimbait fish are averaging 2 1/2#'s-5#'s with the occasional fish over 5. Swimbait bite has been a grind but it's been easy on 5-10 fish if you fish it HARD all day.

noleash
09-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Get yourselves off your chairs and go fishing! Fall transition is kicking in and the fish are eating. I'm gonna be out Monday and Tuesday for some carnage.

Fish are wolf packing and there's been some GOOOOOOD ones up. It's the time to get them when they're in full blown feeding mode.

Just a little bit of advice for those thinking about getting out there. With limited crowds at the moment and stability of the water, the fish aren't in any way, shape or form in a negative feeding mode. The reaction bait bite has been a lot of fun and if that's not your cup of tea, you can get bit on the worm. A lot are probably questioning me why I'm telling everyone as opposed to keeping my mouth shut. The answer is simple. The bite's good enough where I don't need to hoard it. Plenty of fish to go around. Bluegill, Baby Bass and Silversides are everywhere making it a great opportunity for numbers fishing as well as a shot to catch a good one. Water has been off colored with visibility 10' -12'

If you see me on the water Monday or Tuesday. Hit me up and I'll show you what I'm doing. Pretty basic arsenal check.

Swimbait - Gancraft
Swimbait - Gancraft
Swimbait - Roman Made Mother
Swimbait - Mag Topwater
Jig - 1/2oz Custom
Worm - 9" Upton
Worm - 4" Bass Chow

Bite's not 40 fish but how often is it really? Realistically you'll go through 10-20 on the worm and have them be from 12" - 4#'s. If you stay around the small fish you can almost catch them every cast. By small fish I mean 7"-12". Swimbait fish are averaging 2 1/2#'s-5#'s with the occasional fish over 5. Swimbait bite has been a grind but it's been easy on 5-10 fish if you fish it HARD all day.
Spastic Dance Champion

TUNAVIC
09-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Very nice tips and very generous,thanks Matt,it's been awhile since I've hit DVL, been in the salt lately,sounds like a good time to hit the sweet water!

Cya Tuna Vic

noleash
09-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Spastic Dance Champion

OOPS didn't mean that Matt was a spastic dance champion, was trying to post a vidio of me getting excited to get on the bite! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feJTCgQBLNE

Matt_Magnone
09-28-2014, 09:00 AM
HAHAHAHA! So Awesome! That's the way I get when I wake up and realize I don't have to put up with anyone, anything and get to go bass fishing. If I see you doing that on top of your secret spots I'm going to come blazing through, blow up your spot, throw down my trolling motor as hard as I can, stomp on the deck, cast over your line, yell at you for being too close to me after I came in on you, put my sponsor jersey on, tell you that i'm an all american and all the while be rolling with the video cameras on. Just Kidding! :EyePop::LOL::Nut Kick:

See you on the water tomorrow and the next day!

chompot
09-28-2014, 03:36 PM
I will be out there for sure on the the 13th. It is nice when not a lot of other people get Columbus day off. Mr Stripey might even be around by then.

Matt_Magnone
09-28-2014, 04:47 PM
they've been showing a little more each week. still not crazy, but the guys that are fishing them have started to see some biters. good luck when you get out there!

tacklejunkie
09-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Stick one on the swimmy for me. Miss DVL.. Some wild stuff happens there on shore when the wolf packs are around and stripey comes to play!

HawgZWylde
09-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Back from the Delta today and hitting DVL tomorrow. Glad I saw this post Matt, thanks...

Matt_Magnone
09-29-2014, 08:53 PM
i'll see you out there most likely.

darknight63
09-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Matt was out there last Wednesday, was my best day in a long time, 16 fish, 2 over 4 pounds....it was great the rest were dinks, but they put up a good fight, love light line.....Now for the bad part.....I don't own a bout so I have to rent, and man has DVL let the rentals go, the boat must have had a 100 spiders, was filth dirty, and full of filthy dirty stagnate water water in the back of the boat...took away from a great day of fishing, literally spiders on me and my gear all day....

Tuforeel
10-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Thank you for the info!!! Might have to hit it up tomorrow. Hope there are still some packs cruzn.

Fnguyen5992
10-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Where did u get most ur fish? North side or south side?...I'm going tomorrow..

Matt_Magnone
10-17-2014, 07:22 PM
in perfect honesty like always, i have my own areas i favor more than others. i do guard them but at the same time, no areas on dvl are secret or owner specific. i will tell you that it really doesn't matter at this moment. its more about timing, wind direction and amount of forage in a given area.

you dont want to be around a ton of bait

you dont want to fish calm water

you dont want to be around anyone

majority of guys that are fishing right now are fishing the same exact water. they're beating it up to shreds and unfortunately a lot of guys aren't doing that well. biggest clue i could give is to have a "10 minute rule". if you dont get bit or see reaction to your baits in 10 minutes; bail and move to a new area. you're going to find yourself fishing A TON of water in a day. after you hop around on different structure or cover, at different depths and under different conditions; you'll most definitely learn something. from there you capitalize on what you've found. if you really want to fish a stretch across the lake and see a boat or two there, just fish something and come back to it a half hour or hour later after they bail. let the fish adjust and feel comfortable again.

north shore has been active as well as south shore. it just depends on the variables from the day before. so today, the wind blew in from the west. my primary plan of attack is going to be fishing west facing wind ward points and coves unless we get a shift of wind tonight. if the wind is blowing from the east when you arrive tomorrow, i reverse my attack as if its blowing in the morning its most likely been blowing for a good while before you get to launch.

ABOVE ALL, SOMETIMES GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN IS GOING TO GET YOU BIT BETTER! USE YOUR GUT AND HAVE GREAT DECISION MAKING!

Fnguyen5992
10-19-2014, 02:14 PM
in perfect honesty like always, i have my own areas i favor more than others. i do guard them but at the same time, no areas on dvl are secret or owner specific. i will tell you that it really doesn't matter at this moment. its more about timing, wind direction and amount of forage in a given area.

you dont want to be around a ton of bait

you dont want to fish calm water

you dont want to be around anyone

majority of guys that are fishing right now are fishing the same exact water. they're beating it up to shreds and unfortunately a lot of guys aren't doing that well. biggest clue i could give is to have a "10 minute rule". if you dont get bit or see reaction to your baits in 10 minutes; bail and move to a new area. you're going to find yourself fishing A TON of water in a day. after you hop around on different structure or cover, at different depths and under different conditions; you'll most definitely learn something. from there you capitalize on what you've found. if you really want to fish a stretch across the lake and see a boat or two there, just fish something and come back to it a half hour or hour later after they bail. let the fish adjust and feel comfortable again.

north shore has been active as well as south shore. it just depends on the variables from the day before. so today, the wind blew in from the west. my primary plan of attack is going to be fishing west facing wind ward points and coves unless we get a shift of wind tonight. if the wind is blowing from the east when you arrive tomorrow, i reverse my attack as if its blowing in the morning its most likely been blowing for a good while before you get to launch.

ABOVE ALL, SOMETIMES GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN IS GOING TO GET YOU BIT BETTER! USE YOUR GUT AND HAVE GREAT DECISION MAKING!

Thanks for the info Matt!!! It gets tuff out there sometimes and additional knowledge always helps.