PDA

View Full Version : Tubing the Sierras

Sharknado
09-26-2014, 10:53 AM
heading up next week with the tube and fly rods. Planning on hitting Virgina lakes for one day any ideas for where to hit for the other two days? Rock Creek? Lundy? Which lakes in Mammoth? Silver lake? Any body been up lately?

Mr T-rex
09-26-2014, 11:01 AM
I am heading up there tonight to fish june lake loop and I will definitely have a report up by Monday!

heading up next week with the tube and fly rods. Planning on hitting Virgina lakes for one day any ideas for where to hit for the other two days? Rock Creek? Lundy? Which lakes in Mammoth? Silver lake? Any body been up lately?

sandtrout
09-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Tube at North Lake and Bishop Intake 2 with pink Moone worms for spinning rods and with BH Pheasant. Both worked great.

KidTrout
09-26-2014, 01:13 PM

You'll have fun at Little V. Also try Gull, and June. Mary, Mammie, and Twins won't dissapoint either.

rip-bait
09-27-2014, 04:45 PM

Little Virginia is a lot of fun in a tube. I am not a big fan of June Lakes but maybe that is because I have never done too well there. :Smile: As far as what Mammoth Lake to fish. I prefer Twin Lakes by the waterfall. The best way to go though is stop Rick's Sporting Goods in Mammoth to get some advice. I have received great intel from them in the past. Wherever you go, good luck! If you have time it would be great to see a report!