PDA

View Full Version : Night Sesh

Poseidon
09-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Are the parking lots open at night and can we park there?

If you have any tips/pointers that you're willing to share please pm me. I might make a trip out there for a night sesh for the first time in a week or two.

seal
09-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Parking lots will be open till 9:00pm in the park for only a few more days, as of the 1st of October the park hours will be 7 to 7. The dam parking area is still open 24hrs but that will change according to sources in the near future, the plan as I know it is to close the dam parking (gates) to after hours fishing.

Topwater is doing well in the last couple hours of daylight. I have no idea what you plan on targeting so not sure what more info. to give you.

Poseidon
09-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info, then the dam parking lot is where I'll be heading. I'm going to target stripers and cats. The dam seems like a good place to start off. Any suggestions?

BassinPLS
09-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Don't leave anything in your car if your parking at night in the dam parking lots or along Hwy 138!

Poseidon
09-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Don't leave anything in your car if your parking at night in the dam parking lots or along Hwy 138!

is it really that dangerous? what is the likely hood of someone breaking into your car at the lake

seal
09-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Many of us who have fished the lake for many years and use to park on the highway and at the dam are not doing it anymore. If your plan is to stay all night, I'd be concerned. Nine our of ten times no problem but who knows when that 10th time is going to come. Use to be primarily a problem at the dam and at the Chemise turnout off the 138 but I have heard of break ins and damage done to vehicles in other areas recently. Once again if you are just fishing till a little after dark you probably are going to be ok if your plan is to stay the night just don't leave anything in your car and leave a door unlocked so they can have a looksie, hopefully they won't get mad that nothings in there and slash your tires.

Poseidon
09-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Many of us who have fished the lake for many years and use to park on the highway and at the dam are not doing it anymore. If your plan is to stay all night, I'd be concerned. Nine our of ten times no problem but who knows when that 10th time is going to come. Use to be primarily a problem at the dam and at the Chemise turnout off the 138 but I have heard of break ins and damage done to vehicles in other areas recently. Once again if you are just fishing till a little after dark you probably are going to be ok if your plan is to stay the night just don't leave anything in your car and leave a door unlocked so they can have a looksie, hopefully they won't get mad that nothings in there and slash your tires.

What the hell is wrong with people, smh

Is it worth the risk of parking at the dam, I'm planning on staying until a little after midnight

seal
09-25-2014, 02:52 PM
What the hell is wrong with people, smh

Is it worth the risk of parking at the dam, I'm planning on staying until a little after midnight

Just don't leave anything out in your car and you should be ok. Think most break ins occur when they see something they want inside the vehicle.

Good luck!

seal
09-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Probably the same "gang" that has been hitting the Silverwood areas, they are close by. Now you can't even go for a hike. The high desert is getting slammed with individuals relocating from LA, not to mention all the parolees that are getting let out by our wonderful state, lucky us.

http://www.vvng.com/deep-creek-vehicle-break-ins-on-the-rise/