PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 9/22

Matt_Magnone
09-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Took my dad out yesterday with the goal of getting him some swimbait fish. They have been active down the bank but still a good portion of fish out in deeper water. Nothing too big but a mess of fish between 2.5 -6 pounds. By no means was the swimmer bite easy; You had to grind, work and fight to get bit but once you did it fueled you to go another span of time before getting bit again. We had something like 10 fish or so on the swimmer.

In the doldrums, I took my dad to the deeper spots in 25-30 and we shook up some worm fish. These fish were fairly small though. I would say under 2.5 pounds. with the earthquakes in Anza Borrego yesterday, I think it had the "bottom fish" a little jacked up. What should have been full speed was actually sorta slow for us. Think we ended up in the neighborhood of 15 fish.

Been putting the Megabass Orochi XX F5-75XX "Extreme Mission Type-F" rod to good use these past few months, From top water, open water frogs, flukes to vibrating jigs it's handled each technique I've thrown, while drastically different, like a champion. Besides the Orochi XX F8-79XX, this is my favorite "all around" rod in the Orochi XX lineup!

Fast in the tip transferring to a good amount of back bone in the bottom end, this rod loads for accuracy on the cast but still retains enough back bone to put pressure on a good fish at the end of a long cast.

Been on a bite with the "178" these past few weeks and this rod has been able to not only throw it, but also been able to hack it when it came down to pulling on fish.

Any questions call me at Last Chance Bait and Tackle (951) 658-7410 or visit us online at LASTCHANCETACKLE.COM and I'll be more than happy to share my insight on what these awesome rods can do.

gcopple
09-23-2014, 09:57 AM
sounds like a good day! I was out there saturday on a solo mission and caught 17 fish, all were cookie cutter 3.5lbers. if i wasn't moving around so much i would have thought they were all the same fish! i was catching them on a DT20 in about 15ft. crashing that crank into anything. totally a reaction bite, anytime it hit something hard and deflected it would get smoked. all the fish i caught were choking it pretty good. I caught a couple of smaller fish on a DS but that was it. hardly anyone was out there, i don't know why people aren't hitting the lake, fishing is good and wind doesn't get bad until after noon. I was off the water at 12:45 because i didn't want to fight it but up until then it was an awesome day.

Matt_Magnone
09-23-2014, 02:07 PM
i dont get it myself. with the bite the way it is right now people are crazy not to get out. it usually happens like this though. fishing will get tough and guys will start migrating to lakes that are chewing and that's totally cool. on diamond though there are ALWAYS a batch of fish that get chewy. it's just a matter of figuring out where and how to get them!