PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Res is REALLY low

billy b
09-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Not a swift idea to launch boats probably ...

I stopped by on Friday and nobody was on the water ... some shore fisherman

Imagine driving buy the landing and not seeing any water all the way across and back towards the highway. Trolling straight across from the landing and to Rainbow cove was always an old standby ... as well has heading up towards the Robinson Creek inlets. You now have to keep going towards the dam ... past the park ... almost to the bath tub ... b4 you see water.

Talk about catching fish "in a barrel" ???

Lord ... please ... we NEED rain and snow.

Matt44
09-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Launching is okay down by the dam in a spot called the bathtub! The fishing is just starting to pick up I hear too. It's been slow all year but I know in deeper water by the dam you can score fish. Also the Browns are on the move. I know there was a 4lber caught about a week ago off the dam.

Ifishtoolittle
09-21-2014, 10:57 PM
What we need is an alternative to acquire freshwater without relying on rain and snow. Reverse osmosis and membrane distillation!

pcuser
09-22-2014, 06:07 AM
What we need is an alternative to acquire freshwater without relying on rain and snow. Reverse osmosis and membrane distillation!

Currently, that requires a LOT of energy. We need clean renewable energy to do that efficiently. Do we have the political will to accomplish that???

billy b
09-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Where are the brownies moving to? FWIW I was next to that temporary launching area next to the bathtub ... didn't see any boats or trailers ... maybe just a slow day? Hey ... thanks to you I bought several Speedy Shiners ... they all had gold ... brass ... or chrome (rainbow trout pattern) on the back. So ... maybe I don't need to use that fresh can of shiny gold spray I bought ...lol

GdHkSet1
09-28-2014, 07:13 PM
I wondered what the levels where - last time we where up there was 2012 fishing the dam area. Is Lundy dried up yet?
We are heading up this weekend and will be hitting the June loop area but may hit Bridgeport too. Thanks.

billy b
09-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Is it still hard to get down that tricky road to the area just before you get to the dam? I don't think I have enough clearance with my standard SUV

How about coming in from a little farther back towards Bport?

shinbob
09-30-2014, 10:26 AM
How deep is Bridgeport res? Is there a chance it could totally dry up?

Nicelag
10-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Don't think Bridgeport will totally dry up. There is still a lot of water that goes through there just doesn't stay there. Lundy is not dried up either. A lot of water passes through there as well. Plus, it's deeper than you think especially on the road side...

Ifishtoolittle
10-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Currently, that requires a LOT of energy. We need clean renewable energy to do that efficiently. Do we have the political will to accomplish that???

That's not going to matter when communities run out of drinking water.

HawgZWylde
10-04-2014, 12:32 AM

Sure, just cover the rest of the desert up with those massive and expensive solar farms. We don't need the birds and tortoises after all eh? Or we could build new generation nuke plants like the French use that have almost zero nuke waste. Natural gas and clean coal fired plants would work as well but hey the global warming crowd might disagree...