PDA

View Full Version : Boat Requirements

gogreeenz4
09-17-2014, 08:33 AM
recently purchased a new ride and I am curios what I need to do to get access to skinner? my motor is a 150hp Merc optima pro xs. I see people with stickers and what not and I wonder can I just pull up wait in line pay the lady and go fish or how does it work?

stripes21
09-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Skinner has been slow, and as long as your engine meets the clean water act, they just let the few boats that have been showing up in first. and then they perform your inspection. Once you have passed the inspection they give you a sticker to put on the hull of your boat and they won't inspect your boat to enter again. They do always inspect your boat once you exit to make sure you have wiped it down and that there is no bilge water. If the ranger isn't by the cleaning station when you leave then you go out to the exit and use the turn around to come back in on the left side or inspection side of the entrance and they will check you off. If you don't do this they will put you on a list of boats that have broken the rules and can't fish.

Big-Bob
09-17-2014, 09:14 AM
All you need to do is pull up to the gate and do the inspection. They will make sure you have all your proper safety gear and that your boat/motor is in compliance.

Big-Bob
09-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Stripes beat me and hit it on the head.

gogreeenz4
09-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Stripes firstly thank you for all the info!!

I know its slow but just got the boat and itching to get out on the water.. might go to perris ( if its still open and I if I wanna dodge jet skiers all day ) and don't want to go all the way out to diamond so my options are kinda limited.. gonna play it all by ear mostly

any suggestions? this is my first trip out in two or so months ( broke my leg ) heard the perris bite is good but is it worth dealing with the million boaters and skiers?..

BassinPLS
09-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Personally, I would take Perris over Skinner this time of year, even with the water lice!

NFCD I
09-17-2014, 07:32 PM
recently purchased a new ride and I am curios what I need to do to get access to skinner? my motor is a 150hp Merc optima pro xs. I see people with stickers and what not and I wonder can I just pull up wait in line pay the lady and go fish or how does it work?

To pass inspection, this is a one time deal, you'll need to have life jackets, a through floatation pillow, a whistle or horn, a red flag, and a fire extinguisher. Check the Skinner web site just in case I forgot something.

BentRod
09-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Go to perris . Dvl fishing real slow.

panfishman
09-19-2014, 03:48 AM
Stripers are boiling between ramp 2 by the bouy thats shallow even shore guys are getting them use a super fluke or rattle trap i use scrouger jig head and white super fluke waters really low and clear overcast days are ur best bet like today