PDA

View Full Version : Night bite.

sealclubber
09-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Hit the west side of the dam...nailed a few schoolies....slight wind...completely deserted.
Made my son put the guitar down and join me.
All were caught on pearl superflukes....donkey rigged seemed to get attention.

Kyle B
09-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Nice job, I was out there Monday and didn't catch any, there was a lot of algae in the water. Went out the week before and there was less algae and a lot more stripers

seal
09-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Yup the bite has crashed in many of the spots I've tried recently. Still one here and there but since the big moon and the algae bloom the bite has died way down. The boils that were starting to turn on have disappeared.

Think this cool down and front coming thru might turn things back around.

sealclubber
09-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Honestly i havent fished the dam in over a year..i hate it. Waiting on back surgery and rocks dont mix...
Ya the algae was by far the worst last year.I remeber watching the green wakes from boats and the seadoos and saying f this im going home.
Not as bad this year..
I have never fished flukes before and a buddy told me to try tandem rigging them as his curiosity was as strong as mine was..i was pleasantly surprised.It took awhile for em to drop so i added a split shot to the fluke on my main line ...worked like a charm...Definitely a fan.
Still cant wait to start throwing punkers again.

seal
09-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Honestly i havent fished the dam in over a year..i hate it. Waiting on back surgery and rocks dont mix...

Fishing the dam might become much more difficult in the near future. No comment at this point on here but we shall see.

sealclubber
09-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Fishing the dam might become much more difficult in the near future. No comment at this point on here but we shall see.
...and that would be fine with me! I prefer hiking in anyway...Kinda heard a lil somethin about that from a warden that came to the house...unfortunately i had to kill a mt lion..she ate our thanksgiving turkey and was going for our chickens when i got her.

Tubbytuba
09-18-2014, 11:23 PM
whats happening with the dam if i may ask?

seal
09-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Check pm's.

b_bspk
09-20-2014, 03:57 AM
Seal, can you tell me what's going on, too.

seal
09-20-2014, 07:19 AM
Nothing at the moment, when and if something happens I'll let you know.