PDA

View Full Version : Mid 9/13

flyhigh123
09-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Nothing special:

Got to the mid a bit late, around 8am. With some good intel hit the waters and started trolling. Picked off 2 4 pounders first 30 min, then it went quiet for a bit. Didn't see the schools that i heard about, but probably due to the lake lice being extra thick....

Then trolled around the island, picked up a few more smaller models, then out the ybar for nothing.

Took a lunch break, baited, nothing.

called it around 4pm and Ended the day with 12+ stripers so not a bad day.

I did see boils, but they were all super dinks....

trail blazer
09-16-2014, 09:13 PM
WTG Flyhigh,
Thats how it's done,,not bad for a lake full of lice zooming around.
TRAIL Blazer

catchingsomefish
09-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Good job putting fish on board! It was so dang hot and humid at work today, then around 430 the skies opened and it poured rain for 20 minutes....I take it the weather was good at the Mid.........................Dave

cutbait
09-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Drove by the lake yesterday and was shocked at the green tint. It got worse

flyhigh123
09-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Drove by the lake yesterday and was shocked at the green tint. It got worse

oh yah, i forgot, it was super pea soup!

One last thing i forgot to mention, on the troll back to the docks, on the main lake, i passed by, about 200 yards, of at least hundreds to thousands of fish stacked up in a row at about 15-25 feet, but they had lock jaw. they would not hit any thing i presented to them and circled the troll a few times.

Not sure if this was a mass of super dinks or maybe just other fish, but the FF was exploding with arches for a few hundred yards and i couldnt get one to bite... frustrating.

flyhigh123
09-17-2014, 12:13 PM
WTG Flyhigh,
Thats how it's done,,not bad for a lake full of lice zooming around.
TRAIL Blazer
thanks TB! too bad this is prob my last mid/castaic trip until next spring... kid on the way and the fishing weekends i have free, i think i'm gonna aim for the lobstahs...

MrLakeLice
09-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Great job out there. to bad about the lice...Damm lake lice.