PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Lake

Troutbum007
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
The Lake is closed due to algae bloom I believe. Does anyone know when it might open again? Hopefully before Trout Season?

Thanks,
Stephen

Troutbum007
10-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Update:

The lake will re-open on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 for our Trout Season Opener. 2,000lbs of rainbow trout up to 15lbs in size will be stocked every Wednesday through April 2015.

etucker1959
10-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Update:

The lake will re-open on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 for our Trout Season Opener. 2,000lbs of rainbow trout up to 15lbs in size will be stocked every Wednesday through April 2015.

Hmm 2,000lbs of trout stocked every week in a small lake that allows C&R with artificial lures. I know where I'm spending the majority of my trout dollars.

Fishingdachronarch201E7
10-08-2014, 11:18 AM
great news!!! i work 2 min from there!! cant wait.

KidTrout
10-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Hmm 2,000lbs of trout stocked every week in a small lake that allows C&R with artificial lures. I know where I'm spending the majority of my trout dollars.

Last time I ready you aren't allowed CnR there anymore. The end of the season they changed it to a 5 Fish limit and no CnR or a CnR limit only. Not sure if they changed the rules back or not

abovi001
10-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Last year, i believe, it was no CnR from shore, but you can from boat/tube.

etucker1959
10-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Last time I ready you aren't allowed CnR there anymore. The end of the season they changed it to a 5 Fish limit and no CnR or a CnR limit only. Not sure if they changed the rules back or not
Like I tell my dad all the time, if it doesn't pass the logic test it probably isn't true. Here's my thoughts on the matter, LNL is the only pay lake where fly fishing is worth doing. The fly guy's go there and pay way too much for them and their tube. The only way you could justifie paying that much money is if they let you C&R there. So if they did cancel C&R, may God have mercy on the owner's soul. For he will be dead soon enough!!!!!!

trout worm
10-09-2014, 03:22 PM
check the rules... http://lagunaniguellake.com/rules.php

rule #4. ‘CATCH & RELEASE’ IS PERMITTED USING ARTIFICIAL LURES AND JIGS WITH ‘BARBLESS’ HOOKS ONLY.

limits... #3 CATCH & RELEASE on bass and trout (barbless artificial ONLY) .

seal
10-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Like I tell my dad all the time, if it doesn't pass the logic test it probably isn't true. Here's my thoughts on the matter, LNL is the only pay lake where fly fishing is worth doing. The fly guy's go there and pay way to much for them and their tube. The only way you could justifie paying that much is if they let you C&R there. So if they did cancel C&R there, may God have mercy on the owners soul. For he will be dead soon enough!!!!!!

Shows you how much you know about fly fishing park cat king.

DEVOREFLYER
10-09-2014, 03:50 PM

LMAO are you talkin' about the .22 cal Mountain Lion killer????????? lol

etucker1959
10-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Ok Seal, I haven't out witted you in a while so here is my best shot!!!!!! The key word I said was PAY LAKE!!!! I know for a fact, Irvine is no good, SARL give me a break!!!!!! Corona I haven't been there in 5 years but prior to that it was nothing. Hesperia with it's puke water, I can't believe it's worth a Crap. lol Jess Ranch I believe lake 2&3 doesn't even allow Fly fishing. I know they do have that special pond where you can fly fish but come on. Don't count Gregory that's not a real pay lake yet!!!! So what did I miss?????????????

etucker1959
10-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Ok Seal, I haven't out witted you in a while so here is my best shot!!!!!! The key word I said was PAY LAKE!!!! I know for a fact, Irvine is no good, SARL give me a break!!!!!! Corona I haven't been there in 5 years but prior to that it was nothing. Hesperia with it's puke water, I can't believe it's worth a Crap. lol Jess Ranch I believe lake 2&3 doesn't even allow Fly fishing. I know they do have that special pond where you can fly fish but come on. Don't count Gregory that's not a real pay lake yet!!!! So what did I miss?????????????

By the way Seal, I have a new nickname. "SLUG YELLOWTAIL CATCHER"!!!!!!! lol I know you simple lake fishermen aren't use to catching very much over 5 lbs. A SLUG YELLOTAIL starts at #20 lbs. lol lol lol I can't lie, I went to the park today and did catch 3 catfish.

seal
10-09-2014, 04:12 PM

Buddy I have caught more trout at Irvine on the fly than you've caught cats in park lakes, lol. Hesperia I've had days with a black bugger that I could not keep um off the fly, big ones too, but alas that was before the pumps failed and the lake became a cesspool. Mohave Narrows I've had 100 fish days at on the fly. But because I was mostly just messing with you like I like to do I will be honest and say yes the midge bite at Laguna Niguel can be much better than any other pay to fish fly bite.

seal
10-09-2014, 04:18 PM
By the way Seal, I have a new nickname. "SLUG YELLOWTAIL CATCHER"!!!!!!! lol I know you simple lake fishermen aren't use to catching very much over 5 lbs. A SLUG YELLOTAIL starts at #20 lbs. lol lol lol I can't lie, I went to the park today and did catch 3 catfish.

20 lbs. = minnows!

etucker1959
10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Buddy I have caught more trout at Irvine on the fly than you've caught cats in park lakes, lol. Hesperia I've had days with a black bugger that I could not keep um off the fly, big ones too, but alas that was before the pumps failed and the lake became a cesspool. Mohave Narrows I've had 100 fish days at on the fly. But because I was mostly just messing with you like I like to do I will be honest and say yes the midge bite at Laguna Niguel can be much better than any other pay to fish fly bite.

I'll admit you got me!!!!!! I have never been to Mohave Narrows, I've fished all the other San Bernadino County parks lakes, just not that one. I'll make a confession, I really enjoy matching wits with you guy's with no animosity at all!!!!!! I wanted to thank you for giving me the biggest chuckle of all time. You made a comment about me on some thread, about etucker is going to come up with some story of killing an elephant with a pocket knife. That was classic!!!!!!!!! Really about Irvine!!!!!!!! I never in all the years I've been going there, did I notice anyone ever doing much with a fly!!!!!!

etucker1959
10-09-2014, 04:58 PM
LMAO are you talkin' about the .22 cal Mountain Lion killer????????? lol
Just this morning while I was reading my internet news on Yahoo. They had a video shot in California of a Mountain Lion on top of someones car. They thought the Mountain Lion had climbed up there to just get a better view. I'll bet the owner wished he had my trusty Ruger 10-22 with him, to be able to dispatch that pesky Mountain Lion!!!! lol

DEVOREFLYER
10-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Frenchy aka etucker is it true that ya got the Elephant with a Swiss Army knife and used the cork screw or was it the nail file????? lol

etucker1959
10-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Frenchy aka etucker is it true that ya got the Elephant with a Swiss Army knife and used the cork screw or was it the nail file????? lol

Neither, I cut his throat with the scissors!!!!! lol

seal
10-10-2014, 08:34 AM
I'll admit you got me!!!!!! I have never been to Mohave Narrows, I've fished all the other San Bernadino County parks lakes, just not that one. I'll make a confession, I really enjoy matching wits with you guy's with no animosity at all!!!!!! I wanted to thank you for giving me the biggest chuckle of all time. You made a comment about me on some thread, about etucker is going to come up with some story of killing an elephant with a pocket knife. That was classic!!!!!!!!! Really about Irvine!!!!!!!! I never in all the years I've been going there, did I notice anyone ever doing much with a fly!!!!!!

Timing at Irvine. Spring is usually best, might have something to do with water clarity along with holdover trout getting use to eating natural bugs and baitfish. Oh and Mohave Narrows, there use to be a nice little pool in the transition zone between the upper lake and the creek that flows into it. The trout would head up creek and hold in that pool. Ridiculous and not very challenging but hey it was good practice on catch and release on the fly.

Marley
10-10-2014, 10:00 PM
20 lbs. = minnows!

Yup. Maybe 30...