PDA

View Full Version : Haven't posted in a while soooooo....

P.A.W.
09-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Last week saw some ridiculous schoolie fishing. One day I had triple limits in a few hours. However the new heat wave and big moon with clear skies have changed things. The early morning bite was kinda so-so. Still some swirls and boils but the fish weren't as easily tempted. The bite all but died around 9:00 am today 9/15. The heat rose quickly and the fish went down. We only managed 6 today by 1:00 mostly trolling. Did I mention it was hot? Hot enough where I'm staying home Tuesday. This minor monsoon coming through Wednesday should turn things on a bit. C'mon clouds!

Big-Bob
09-15-2014, 05:19 PM
I hope the clouds stay away until next week when I can get back on the lake!

Is the water level still going down?

NFCD I
09-15-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm with Bob. I'm out this week and a cool down would be great.

P.A.W.
09-16-2014, 06:58 AM
Water level is still dropping. Not the lowest I've seen it but it is dropping.

Big-Bob
09-16-2014, 09:00 AM
Bummer......all my hot spots were boarder line out of the water last week. I hope it does not continue to drop.

ddoskocil
09-16-2014, 11:06 AM
I may be in for some early morning Sunday striper hunting.....
Shad baits or baby bass / bluegill colors?

Ian
09-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Got on a rental boat to hunt down boils at the last hour of the day today. Nada. Water looks low with almost all tules out of the water.

panfishman
09-19-2014, 03:31 AM
Was there wens boils everywhere by the time i realize what they wanted sun came up,damn ranger didnt open the second gate till 6:20 really threw off fishing but ill be there today see u pat ill be in a rental chasing boils

Ian
09-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Was there wens boils everywhere by the time i realize what they wanted sun came up,damn ranger didnt open the second gate till 6:20 really threw off fishing but ill be there today see u pat ill be in a rental chasing boils

I hope you're killin em as I type this. How was it?

P.A.W.
09-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Fish were up feeding with the overcast BUT not like the last week or so. They're moving around more and not so concentrated. They pretty much shut down by 9:30 with only a spotty bite after that. If you go prepared, on a boat, and be flexible you can catch a limit and then some. The water is pretty darn low now but the inlet is flowing pretty hard so I hope that helps. OH! BTW The second dock is now back up and in service!

Big-Bob
09-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Did I just read that right? The dock is fixed?

That is better news then any fishing report!

See you out there next week Pat.