PDA

View Full Version : Cast For Kids

razar1345
09-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Went to the Cast for Kids event at Silverwood today. WOW what a great event. Good tun out of boats so all the kids got to fish. I would post pictures but, don't know how.

gwurzel
09-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Was there too, fortunately I wet slipped the boat overnight, the launch ramp was hectic - recovery was even more hectic. Had a great day, met a ton of people, got some good info on fishing there, even managed a couple of stripers for the guys on my boat - more luck than judgement, but hey, I'll take it. Ended up with a volunteer, and a park ranger, who had never fished before. Watching him fight a 2 pound striper on light gear - much fun. No pics from me, as my camera died, and the guys didnt want a pic with their fish sigh!.

Great event, had an excellent day, with many laughs and some new friends (even got an offer from a tourney guy to go out with me next time I'm there so he can show me the ropes further).

Wurz

Not Cast for Kids day - took this on a topwater on Thursday (had a boil start right in front of me!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrhjve0ea5rkgx9/2014-09-11%2012.03.11-1.jpg?dl=0

Nessie Hunter
09-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I was there also.. Great event.
Im sure there were more Volunteer boaters then kids..
Way to go guys/gals, you ROCK!!!

BassinPLS
09-15-2014, 11:51 AM
I too was at the C.A.S.T.-4-Kids event at Silverwood last Saturday as a boat captain. 'Took out a Mom and her two sons out and all had a great time. This is the first time I had ever attended the Lake Silverwood event. I have attended the Lake Perris event for 8 years; but this year the cancelled the event at Parris due to low water conditions. I was real surprised to hear of the cancellation as the water level was fine for launching. I guess they were being overly cautious.

The Silverwood event was really great. They do such a good job putting it on. I just wish they would have it early in the year when the fishing was better. It was flat hot last Saturday and by the time the kids get loaded on the boats and out fishing it was past 8 am. The bite was just about over...at least for me and my participants.

A Great Event with out a doubt!