PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for an overnight trip?

JoshR88
09-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Hi guys and gals, I want to go an overnight trip Monday, I wanted to know what you guys think would be good for me and two buddy's. I live near long beach. It would be both of their first time catching, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

etucker1959
09-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi guys and gals, I want to go an overnight trip Monday, I wanted to know what you guys think would be good for me and two buddy's. I live near long beach. It would be both of their first time catching, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

Hello Josh,

Since I am attempting to go tuna fishing on Monday myself I have all the answers for you. There is two tuna bites going on right now as of Saturday night. The local bite off of Newport which was very good the last couple of day's, or the Tuna bite off of San Clemente Island. As of right now only the Toronada at Pierpoint landing has any spots. (5) as of 8:00 pm Sat or maybe the Amigo out of Newport Landing. Other then that the 3/4 Newport boats or my pick (Don't tell anyone) the Dana Pride out of Dana Wharf sportfishing. Good Luck, they are biting pretty good!!!!!

DockRat
09-18-2014, 06:50 AM
There is two tuna bites going on right now as of Saturday night.

Lol, 2 bites ? There is fish all over. One dude at the marina landed some YFT off the east end of Cat on his sailboat trolling Rapalas.
Talked to a guy yesterday that found a magic paddy 4 miles from San Pedro. I think the fish are spread out from CI to Mexico.
DR

etucker1959
09-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Lol, 2 bites ? There is fish all over. One dude at the marina landed some YFT off the east end of Cat on his sailboat trolling Rapalas.
Talked to a guy yesterday that found a magic paddy 4 miles from San Pedro. I think the fish are spread out from CI to Mexico.
DR
I should have said, "two main bites for the sportfishing fleet." Screw an overnight trip, a new batch showed up off of Oceanside and if they mix with the Newport fish. The Local 3/4 day boats, will be partying like it's 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They already are singing pretty good!!!!