PDA

View Full Version : Phenix 5' Mirage - 1 piece vs 2 piece

Ultralight
09-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Greetings,

Anyone here tested the 1 piece versus 2 pieces in the Phenix Mirage in 5 feet length?

Can't see one locally but going by the spec, i would guess that the 2 piece would have noticeably more power than the 1 piece - and possibly also faster.

Any confirmation? Or are both of the virtually identical so that blindfolded, one can't tell the difference?

Thanks!
UL

fishmounter
09-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Is there a reason that you want a short 5 ft rod? Are you fishing from shore?.. Bank fisherman do better with a longer rod, get more distance when casting small baits. I do a lot of float tubing where distance casting is not needed, so my ultralights are pretty short, a couple even under 5 feet, since i do a lot of vertical jigging. I believe the one piece Mirage comes in several lengths up to 7.5 ft.. I personally think a one piece rod has a better feel, and more sensitivity than a 2 pc, but 1 pc rods much over 6 ft are a hassle to put in vehicles, and transport. Got to watch that tip!

Ultralight
09-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Thanks. Yes, for on water where casting distance is not a priority.

Anyone here actually used both the 1 and 2 piece versions? Love to hear your comment.

Thanks,
UL