PDA

View Full Version : 9/8/14 Lake Closed Am

Big-Bob
09-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Hey, just giving everyone a heads up that the lake was closed this morning. Make sure you call if you plan on trying to fish this afternoon.

It amazes me that the lady calling the shots is not even at the lake and is calling the shots from in between her sheets at home. I have been going to the lake 3 times a week for 3 months now and I can see the place going downhill (poor management) just from when I started going. On the way home it was so sunny on the 15 freeway I had to use my sun shade.

I have noticed a few times lately people giving the front gate workers a hard time. Just remember that they are not calling the shots and most of the time have no/little say in what is going on.

HawgZWylde
09-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Did they give a reason why the lake was closed? Are they blue-stoning it? The folks that work the gate are usually retired or semi retired folks who are staying at the park. The park itself is controlled by the county and the water is owned by I believe EMWD...

Big-Bob
09-08-2014, 08:20 AM
It was closed due to weather that was not there when I was there. I hope it rains and lightning/thunders like crazy there today. That way I can justify the $40 it took the get to the lake to be turned away.

HawgZWylde
09-08-2014, 08:54 AM
It was closed due to weather that was not there when I was there. I hope it rains and lightning/thunders like crazy there today. That way I can justify the $40 it took the get to the lake to be turned away.

I live in Murrieta and as far as I can see and hear, it's still not there. It's cloudy but there is no thunderstorm activity. This is killer topwater weather. Bet DVL and Perris are still open...

Big-Bob
09-08-2014, 09:09 AM
The top water bite has been phenomenal and the exact reason I was bummed they did not let us out. I understand they are concerned for our safety but there is a difference when there is lightning/thunder cracking around the lake and when you see the clouds out in the desert lighting up.

It could have been easy to let us on and say "hey if you see us come out in the patrol boat with the lights on automatically head in the lake is closed."

Hopefully they do not pull this tomorrow.

HawgZWylde
09-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Yup, we've been on a great early topwater bite the last couple of weeks at Dvl and Perris. At Perris last week I caught my last topwater fish at high noon. Sadly, the nanny state has to administer to those who lack common sense. You see lightning and hear thunder, you get off the lake. I don't get why so many need someone else to do that for them. What a waste of a good morning and a waste of your gas and time. As I type, there is still no thunderstorm activity, just a slight breeze and cloud cover.

We're heading out to DVL tomorrow, man I hope these clouds and slight breeze are still here...

etucker1959
09-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Let's not forget what happened at Lake Henshaw a few years back. When there is any kind of tragedy someone always gets blamed. Captain's of ships are the worst and are Presidents. (Think Bengazi!!!!!!!) lol I'll bet a fair amount of you know the name of the Captain of the Exon Valdez. (Answer) Captain Hazelwood, it didn't hurt that the SMOKERS in the movie Waterworld revered him as their hero. Please remember as patrons at any lake, are hinney's aren't on the line if something goes terribly wrong!!!!!!!

seal
09-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Only Etucker could bring politics into a weather related lake closure.

etucker1959
09-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Only Etucker could bring politics into a weather related lake closure.

I thought my comparisons were fair and valid. For example, if someone say was in a tin boat and got struck by lighting and killed. Like what happened at Lake Henshaw a few years back. There would be HELL to pay for the decision maker who opened Lake Skinner on a known day where Thunder storms were predicted. Just like the President after the tragedy at Bengazi, if he didn't have a plan for rapid deployment of troops to protect American lives when threaten. He too would have Hell to pay for such poor decisions making abilities.

Seal, why is it the Independent Conservatives on this board, can throw their political jabs in on any non political threads and no one calls them on it. If you don't believe me I can point it out to you. Just to show you how often they do it, all's I have to do is go back to today and yesterday to prove my point!!!!!!!!!

seal
09-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Seal, why is it the Independent Conservatives on this board, can throw their political jabs in on any non political threads and no one calls them on it. If you don't believe me I can point it out to you. Just to show you how often they do it, all's I have to do is go back to today and yesterday to prove my point!!!!!!!!!

Because your political comments just seem to come out of LEFT field!

DEVOREFLYER
09-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Because we are "RIGHT" and you are "WRONG". It's really that simple dumbazz!!!:Envious:

Big-Bob
09-08-2014, 05:50 PM
So uhhh..... whats the weather going to be like tomorrow? I am going to head to the lake in the am. I hope they do not turn us away again.

HawgZWylde
09-08-2014, 06:33 PM
About the same as today according to the weather channel...

etucker1959
09-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Because we are "RIGHT" and you are "WRONG". It's really that simple dumbazz!!!:Envious:
You're right and I'm wrong is what you believe. Well can that line of reasoning pass the smell test. (Logic) I won't even go deep in the archives to try to prove my point. You Mr. DEV started a thread called Urgent about the government trying to tax or charge user fees for public land usage. You complained about how terrible the government is for making us pay additional fees to use the public land. Yet in another thread started just yesterday about buying goods on line, you admit to being a PIRATE in denying the state sales tax revenue. So using your logic, deny the state needed sales tax revenue. Then have the nerve to complain about paying additional user fee's to use the public land. You're right, I'm the dumbazz, for not understanding DEVOREFLYER ECONOMICS 101. Sorry for the thread jack!!!!!! I just couldn't pass up having a little fun with DEV comment.

P.A.W.
09-08-2014, 07:47 PM
So uhhh..... whats the weather going to be like tomorrow? I am going to head to the lake in the am. I hope they do not turn us away again.

I'll see ya' there Bob

Askwhy
09-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Bob the lake opened at 10 am I must say it was nice having the whole lake , don't worry you didn't miss much hope that makes it better lol tight lines

NFCD I
09-08-2014, 09:23 PM
I've lived in 5 states and fished in probably 20+. California is the only state that I've ever heard of closing a lake. I don't just mean when there's high winds or lightning in the area, CA closes them because the sun goes down. Are you telling me that if I drown or get hit by lightning I can, I mean my wife can, sue the state?
We're all adults, let us fish when we want.

DEVOREFLYER
09-08-2014, 09:48 PM
NFCD I, I too have fished countless lakes out of state many in the south (Texas, Arkansas, So Carolina). Never heard of a lake being closed, locals say if your too stupid to venture out it's your fault. I also never paid a fee to launch unless it was from a private marina and then usually $5 and you were on the honor system to put the money in a drop box. My 10 day out of state fishing license in So Carolina was only $11, when my back seater comes in from out of state to fish a tournament this month his liscense is $46 for 10 days, ya gotta just love California.

seal
09-09-2014, 08:27 AM
ya gotta just love California.

Do I really gotta?

Clear sailing on the weather front today. Maybe some activity down in the south Diego desert areas but all should be good at Skinner.

twcthfsh
09-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Lake Skinner’s recreation lake will be closed Friday, August 29, 2014 due to Metropolitan Water District (MWD) Water Treatment. No fishing or boats will be allowed on the lake. The catfish stock scheduled for this Friday will be cancelled. The lake will reopen for normal operation on Saturday, August 30, 2014. For questions, please contact (951) 926-1541. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.