PDA

View Full Version : 9/7 Malibu area

Edgar
09-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, Fished Today with a friend , he's a member here too Danw , we met Next to the pier around 5:00 , still dark , Dan was late ) as usual , so we hit the water at 5:30 , slack tide to high tide fishing. We fished till about 10. Water temp was 73 forecasted :Cool:,water Clarity was very poor during the incoming tide , but cleared up Pretty fast, the water has a lot of dirt in it , wooden polls , dry wood, bags and a lot of ****. Pretty weedy in some areas, but some clean and fishable spots too .We were both fishing the LC for a start, it wasn't until first light Dan hooked a nice Perch . That made me feel both good and bad :LOL:. No more biters for an hour , hour and a half . I was starting to smell the skunk , so we changed spots , to my favorite spot :Evil: where I've done most of my salyage :Evil:. And what do you know ))) one small , baby perch (shark bait) gets tempted . Dan didn't have any luck on the dropshot . right after the bait, i get a strong take and it's on :Twisted:, unbuttons right away . (Happy Dan) :ROFL:. Then another take ) with a nice perchy for me . then another take, got the headshake and happy me ) a shorty44992 44993. It was really surprising for me , i thought it would be too warm for them to stay in the surf . Would like too hear your experiences with water temp, I've had best luck max 70 , above that it's been skunks most of the time for halibut.
Fishcount: Dan - 1 Perch
Edgar - 2 Perch , 1 Shorty maybe 13-14, and a pretty nice yellowfin.
Ps-im having problems uploading a photo .

SP Dan
09-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Hi ya EEE,

Excellent Effort Edgar!

These are some very difficult fishing times but with your determination and perseverance ..... I'm absolutely certain that you are going to pull out one of Poseidon's monsters soon!

Keep up with your outstanding assault Sir .... the payoff is just around the corner! :Thumbs Up:

See ya at HG-6! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Edgar
09-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Thank you very much Sp Dan . And i definitely will keep at it )))
See you at HG-6!

bachiboy
09-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Nice going on the skunkbusters! There are some flatties out there in the surf to be had, though getting a legal seems to be a little harder to come by in the late summer months. The water clarity has gotten pretty bad with the past storm surge, and it looks like we may get more of that next week. Hopefully it'll all blow through by the 27th so HG6 will be a nice "catching" event for everyone.:Wink: See you there!

Don

Edgar
09-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Thank you Bachiboy. See you at hg6

fishshep
09-13-2014, 07:33 AM
Halibut are hard to come by in that area lately, good to see you nailed one :Big Grin:

Edgar
09-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Hey Fishshep , not where I fish ))) had 1 close to 19 today, double mackrel on the Lc )))) couldn't get a pic because one popped off right near the shore. A couple yellowfin. Here's the short 45028