PDA

View Full Version : Any new info on the lake's possible closure?

bass413
09-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Anyone....?

Perrisranger? Pete? Anyone else??

I've been preparing myself for the official news that the lake has stopped allowing private boat launches, but looks like we're all still waiting.......

TED MILLS
09-04-2014, 07:04 AM
I have heard down on the Lake that they are limiting private boats, , some will be on, and they are suppose to lower the lake one more time but there will be fishing

ted

BassinPLS
09-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Anyone....?

Perrisranger? Pete? Anyone else??

I've been preparing myself for the official news that the lake has stopped allowing private boat launches, but looks like we're all still waiting.......

bass423,

I posted the same inquiry a couple of weeks ago and did not get a reply from anyone with Lake Perris. Either they don't know what is going to happen or they are not saying!

bassgrabber1
09-04-2014, 08:01 AM
As of right now....they will be lowering the lake about 9 more feet . They are trying to figure a way to launch at Sail Cove but nothing is set in stone yet . If they cant launch us from Sail Cove then they will close it to private boaters. One the lake gets lowered then there will be no more Tire Reef and east end . I hope this doesnt stress the fish out so much that there is a die off..... sux. Thisi s all info that I have heard so I am not 100% sure what is true but the state still wants to make money on boating so lets see what happens.

oldschoolfishin'
09-04-2014, 08:04 AM
i fished there yesterday. the rangers have no info except at some point the lake will be closed at the bernasconi end. nothing new to report. hopefully the fishing will not be damaged by their actions.

HuskerRod
09-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Well I had heard the lake is closing to privates right after Labor Day weekend. That didn't happen so its along to the next rumor. But at least the lake is open to private launches today.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
09-04-2014, 11:52 AM
(THIS IS FROM PERRIS FACEBOOK)Water Level update. Hello all, As most Californians know we are in the middle of a severe multiyear drought. Water for most reservoirs is at record lows. During the next 3-5 months water will be used from Perris to supply the Riverside County area. We will slowly see the water level decrease to an estimated 4-8 feet loss. The good news is that we will still have launch ramp #6 open as it is long enough to support boat launches. In addition our campground, marina, and swim beaches will remain open. Please do you part and conserve water and lets all keep our fingers crossed for a wet fall, winter, and spring.

bassgrabber1
09-04-2014, 02:39 PM
(THIS IS FROM PERRIS FACEBOOK)Water Level update. Hello all, As most Californians know we are in the middle of a severe multiyear drought. Water for most reservoirs is at record lows. During the next 3-5 months water will be used from Perris to supply the Riverside County area. We will slowly see the water level decrease to an estimated 4-8 feet loss. The good news is that we will still have launch ramp #6 open as it is long enough to support boat launches. In addition our campground, marina, and swim beaches will remain open. Please do you part and conserve water and lets all keep our fingers crossed for a wet fall, winter, and spring.
Thanks man....that means the state won and they want to keep making money off of us boaters ...Im still a little weary as they were trying to get me to buy my year pass but I have been holding off...Hmmmmmm

bass413
09-04-2014, 03:28 PM
bass423,

I posted the same inquiry a couple of weeks ago and did not get a reply from anyone with Lake Perris.

I saw that. Saw you didn't get any responses so I thought I'd try again.....

they were trying to get me to buy my year pass but I have been holding off...Hmmmmmm

I bought (re-newed) mine back in May. Was starting to get (and still am frankly) worried that the lake will eventually close this winter. Time will tell. Thanks guys for the replies.

Fished the lake on Tuesday for about 10 fish. Most were small taken off the dam on plastics. Got a few nicer models on dropshotted plastics in deeper water off a rock pile.

BassinPLS
09-06-2014, 08:02 AM

I was at a bass club meeting last Thursday evening and asked a buddy what he had heard about the lake closure, (he fishes Perris two to three times a week). He said he had spoken with the "head ranger" who told him that the lake will continue to draw down due to water demand, (pretty much like what Perris Bluegill Chaser posted from Facebook). The ranger went on to say once the ramp is out of the water, they will launch private boats from sail cove. I asked my buddy if they were going to put down any blocks to help with boat launching and he said "no"...the ground there is hard there due to the vehicle traffic. He went on to say when they start launching at sail cove they will limit the lake to 20 boats! I guess we'll just have to wait and see how quickly the water level drops and the resulting decisions and impacts to our fishing! Turn down those lawn sprinklers!

fishmounter
09-06-2014, 05:01 PM
If the water level is going to be down for several months, there's going to be lots of new plant growth of bushes and trees that will make great structure once the lake level goes back up! Lots of snags and lost baits too! But the fish will be in it!

BassinPLS
09-06-2014, 08:52 PM
If the water level is going to be down for several months, there's going to be lots of new plant growth of bushes and trees that will make great structure once the lake level goes back up! Lots of snags and lost baits too! But the fish will be in it!

fishmounter,

I recall seeing on the Dam Reconstruction website a line item for brush / tree removal. I hope not; because the remaining structure would make an awesome fishery.

But we will just have to wait and see what happens....and when!

fishmounter
09-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Yeah, we'll see.. Might be a good idea to get out there with a camera and a GPS to mark rock piles, and other uncovered structures.

TED MILLS
09-07-2014, 06:59 AM
fISHMOUNTER
I WENT OUT FRI, THEY HAD A TRUCK AND A SPRAY TANK IN SAIL COVE AND SPRAYING A LOT OF BUSHES WHERE THE WATER USE TO BE, NOT ALL OF THE BRUSH BUT QUIT A LOT OF THEM , GREEN IN COLOR , THEY SPRAYED A LOT OF BRUSH

ted

DEVOREFLYER
09-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Roundup is a hella of a herbicide. :Shocked:

There goes the habitat and cover, geniuses I tell ya geniuses!!!!!!!

Hoot951
09-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Have they started the drain?

bass413
09-09-2014, 06:52 PM
He went on to say when they start launching at sail cove they will limit the lake to 20 boats!

Only 20 boats....wow. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

DEVOREFLYER
09-09-2014, 07:14 PM
It will only be tin boats launching as a duel axle trailer with a 200+hp motor will not be able to be pulled out unless you have a four wheel drive tow rig. Add to the fact that it will also be a shallow angle launch and retrieve as opposed to the angle on the paved ramp and doubtful that most if any tournament style bass boat would be able to launch or retrieve.

Misfitdog
09-10-2014, 05:20 AM
Have they started the drain?

The water level is down 3ft from last week , but dont let it stop you from going the water is stained and the fish are loving it , the reaction bite is on fire !! remember when the last draw down happend and the lake turned to pea soup and how epic the bite went off then ? well its on again my friends go catch some fish while you can lol

TED MILLS
09-10-2014, 07:15 AM
I will fish in a tin bucket in my back yard and still enjoy fishing, you will have to drag the pole from my hands, I am a FISHERMAN

Ted

BassinPLS
09-10-2014, 09:50 AM
It will only be tin boats launching as a duel axle trailer with a 200+hp motor will not be able to be pulled out unless you have a four wheel drive tow rig. Add to the fact that it will also be a shallow angle launch and retrieve as opposed to the angle on the paved ramp and doubtful that most if any tournament style bass boat would be able to launch or retrieve.

DEVOREFLYER,

I wondered about that too...how far will you have to back into the water to launch a boat with a slightly sloping shore line. I am not worry about pulling out, as I have a 4 wheel drive Tundra; but it would sink like a rock if you have to back way out in a soft muddy bottom!

DEVOREFLYER
09-10-2014, 10:55 AM
While at a Warrior event at Vail Lake last year my trailer (boat, motor and trailer over 3000lbs) was off the paved ramp but my truck was still on the pave ramp and it was a SOB with tires spinning on the wet paved ramp and only two wheel drive but got it out. I doubt that AAA would pick up the tow bill to retrieve my truck and boat if I could not pull it out.

chompot
09-10-2014, 11:00 AM
I guess this is where the benefit of towing with a 4wd and owning an 18' tin Ranger is a nice thing. Bring on the shore launching!!

DEVOREFLYER
09-10-2014, 11:03 AM
If it happens tin boats will RULE.

JigStop
09-19-2014, 02:53 PM
The problem is with too women and teenagers taking longgggggggggg showers. This has to stop or DVL and Perris will become mudholes.

QB7940
09-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Couple Rangers told me today they're pretty confident Ramp 6 is long enough to be used throughout the process.

BassinPLS
09-20-2014, 06:43 AM
Couple Rangers told me today they're pretty confident Ramp 6 is long enough to be used throughout the process.

That would be great news if it turns out to be true!

Pete Marino
09-20-2014, 09:46 AM
I heard from one of the top people at the lake that they didn't think the lake would close... The level shouldn't be going down below the ramp...so we should be good.. fingers crossed... BECAUSE THE BITE IS REALLLLLY good.

Pete

d1LedHed
09-22-2014, 05:42 AM
Can't wait - drop it - no more skiers or jet skis!!!!