PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!!

DEVOREFLYER
09-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Urgent call your representative and tell them NO!!! The feds are after public lands and will require a use fee for use if this passes.

http://freecampsites.net/all-access-to-public-lands-will-require-a-fee/

old pudd fisher
09-03-2014, 07:47 PM
It's just getting worst with that fee stuff, dose it make things any better. When I was a teen we would play in the San Gabriel Canyon all the time. East Fork West Fork ,now you have to buy a pass just to park your car at a trail head if you just want to get out and take a few pictures.

DockRat
09-03-2014, 09:19 PM
More Fees :Finger:

Soldier delivers music for Afghan wake up call. :Applause:

Land of the free is disappearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG9EgGG7t94

Bonnie Beach
09-03-2014, 11:12 PM
If your correct DEVOREFLYER, It's the biggest land grab in US history since 1980 when our still sitting Senator (F@$$) grabbed the Santa Monica Mountians!

Lady Quagga
09-04-2014, 10:09 AM
If your correct DEVOREFLYER, It's the biggest land grab in US history since 1980 when our still sitting Senator (F@$$) grabbed the Santa Monica Mountians!

Grabbed the Santa Monica Mountains? Care to elaborate?

DarkShadow
09-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Grabbed the Santa Monica Mountains? Care to elaborate?

Perhaps they are referring to the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy Act that became effective in 1980?

Lady Quagga
09-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Perhaps they are referring to the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy Act that became effective in 1980?

DS, you silly goose! Of course they are. What I am asking for is clarification of the bullsh*t hyperbole.

etucker1959
09-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Urgent call your representative and tell them NO!!! The feds are after public lands and will require a use fee for use if this passes.

http://freecampsites.net/all-access-to-public-lands-will-require-a-fee/

If it doesn't pass who is suppose to PAY for maintenance of these public lands????? Please don't tell me elf's will clean up the place at night. (as in the shoemaker and elf fairy tale)

DarkShadow
09-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Please don't tell me elf's will clean up the place at night.

Bigfoot, Santa or Unicorns.

Elves don't exist.

Skyler
09-04-2014, 06:05 PM
If it doesn't pass who is suppose to PAY for maintenance of these public lands????? Please don't tell me elf's will clean up the place at night. (as in the shoemaker and elf fairy tale)

The taxpayers of course, like we already do. It's not our fault they can't allocate the money properly. We already pay for USFS and BLM's paychecks.

flybynight
09-04-2014, 07:33 PM
I remember when we could launch at Silverwood for FREE !

Lady Quagga
09-04-2014, 08:00 PM
The taxpayers of course, like we already do. It's not our fault they can't allocate the money properly. We already pay for USFS and BLM's paychecks.

Hey Skyler,

In principle, I agree with you. But this line of reasoning ultimately leads to the futile debate of which programs to fund and which to cut - and we can pretty much predict where most of the people on this forum will fall on that issue. I am pretty sure that - and I say this facetiously - that if we cancelled the F-35 project and reallocated that money for the USFS it would more than make up for any shortfalls.

I do not support compulsory use fees for all public lands, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assess fees for heavily used areas.

etucker1959
09-04-2014, 08:56 PM
When it comes to any tax's or fees. The benefit user approach SHOULD be something Conservatives should embrace. They make so much noise about paying for Social programs that don't benefit themselves. Yet they appear very hypocritical for not wanting to pay for something that they want to use. So my point is, the Conservatives think it's those other people's programs that's the money is being wasted on, but not programs that benefit themselves.

I want to add this, your children who enjoy the great outdoors like they should. Thanks to parents like your selves, are going to have defend their recreational opportunities like there is no tomorrow. Let me explain my logic, today's children are the biggest couch potato generation in the history of mankind. With all the electronic toys they have to play with, why go outside!!!!!!! What a waste and they have no idea what their missing!!!!! So when they grow up they won't be exposing their children to any of the great outside recreational opportunities the state has to offer. So now when it's their turn to start bitching about tax's being wasted, guess what they will see as the BIGGEST waste of money in the state. (excluding anything that benefits illegal aliens of course) lol Yep, all the things we now enjoy in the great outdoors!!!!!!!

wildlife
09-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Don't cut the F35 Lightning , I make parts for that aircraft and it would impact me more than any day use fees . I hate these fees and taxes , but we're over crowded with slobs leaving trash on our public land . They're closing areas because of stupid people that get lost hiking to see a waterfall , and others getting stranded on rocks at high tide .
I'm not sure what the answer is, but they want to throw our money at the problem .

Bonnie Beach
09-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Sorry DEVOREFLYER did not meen to do this to your post. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to everyone that enjoys the OUTDOORS !

HawgZWylde
09-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Sorry DEVOREFLYER did not meen to do this to your post. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to everyone that enjoys the OUTDOORS !

You didn't say or do anything wrong...

DEVOREFLYER
09-05-2014, 08:50 PM
No problem Bonnie Beach it is important for many to know of the efforts by our Governmental agencies (EPA,Dept of Fish & Wildlife, USFS, BLM) and other agencies to reduce, control, regulate or tax us in the name of a fee. We pay for each and every one of the agencies as taxpayers and to takeaway or charge additional for recreational use with all of the Governmental waste should be a crime. Take for example the efforts to close millions of acres of Sierra wilderness to all use because of the Yellow Legged Frog being endangered.

Bonnie Beach
09-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Thank you !

Lady Quagga
09-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Sorry DEVOREFLYER did not meen to do this to your post.

You didn't say or do anything wrong...

Indeed, you didn't say much of anything.

Coleyounger
09-11-2014, 08:36 AM
The U.S. government is in trouble. It is nearing a plateau in which it isn't going to be able to pay its mandatory spending obligations without serious cut backs. Agency funding is going to get cut so there going to try anything to generate revenue. Get use to it...It is going to get allot worse moving forward...

City Dad
09-11-2014, 09:18 AM
when I saw the title of this thread I expected a report on having too large a prune smoothie... this comes as a complete surprise.

I can't see enough info at that link. How much will the fee(s) be? Where does the money go? What will it be used for?

Coleyounger
09-11-2014, 09:41 AM
when I saw the title of this thread I expected a report on having too large a prune smoothie... this comes as a complete surprise.

I can't see enough info at that link. How much will the fee(s) be? Where does the money go? What will it be used for?

All government revenue generated including Social Security goes into the general fund. The politicians can spend it anyway they want..

Lady Quagga
09-11-2014, 04:37 PM

All government revenue generated including Social Security goes into the general fund. The politicians can spend it anyway they want..

This would appear to be incorrect. Sections 7 and 8, if you please:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:H.R.+5204:

And the relevant statute, §6806 & §6807:

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid%3AUSC-prelim-title16-chapter87&saved=%7CZ3JhbnVsZWlkOlVTQy1wcmVsaW0tdGl0bGUxNi1zZ WN0aW9uNjgwNw%3D%3D%7C%7C%7C0%7Cfalse%7Cprelim&edition=prelim