PDA

View Full Version : Me and the little guy 8/30

Baja1ab
08-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Decided to take the little man (our 6yo) out for a quick morning trip and took a gamble on beating the crowds at Perris (I know, crazy to be out there on a holiday weekend). To my surprise, it wasn't bad at all, or at least we got off the water before it got too crazy.

Anyway, I've only fished Perris a few times and still don't feel like I have it figured out yet. Nevertheless I was able to pick off a few, nothing to write home about, on various presentations - drop shot, spy bait, a-rig and t-rig. I had more fun just hangin out with the boy. I'm really enjoying teaching him various techniques and he'picks things up quickly and is loving it. To be honest, he's easily the best fishing partner I have. Willing to fish anytime/anywhere, easy going on the water, rarely gets hung up and only complains when we have to leave because he can out last me, lol.

I'm really looking forward to cooler weather and some top water action and more trips with the little guy. Until then :Beer Toast:

Joe

trail blazer
08-30-2014, 05:53 PM
WTG on getting some quality time with the little one,,,my youngest of 6 is also 6 yrs old and learning to fish with me,,,ITS GREAT!

TRAIL BLAZER

BassinPLS
08-31-2014, 06:56 AM
Baja1ab,

Great times and memorable moments whether the fish are biting or not! My boys are now in their 30's & 40's and still ask me when are we going to go fishing. I just have to schedule around their work schedules and "kitchen passes" from their little ladies!

Baja1ab
08-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Baja1ab,

Great times and memorable moments whether the fish are biting or not! My boys are now in their 30's & 40's and still ask me when are we going to go fishing. I just have to schedule around their work schedules and "kitchen passes" from their little ladies!

That's awesome, Bassin. Reminds me of a recent trip to DVL. We were chatting w another angler on the water and he said he started taking his kids out at an early age. Then he chuckled and said "and now I'm in his boat". Which happend to be a new looking, sexy Ranger. I told my son, "Ok, buddy. You have to do well in school so dad can use your Ranger", lol.