PDA

View Full Version : Malibu CA , 8/9 , 8/10

Edgar
08-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Hey guys this is my first report , a little late , but i think noteworthy .
8/9 So i got to Malibu at 5:30 am , hit the water right near the pier , it was overcast and high tide , almost slack tide , there was a lot of baitfish nearby and mackerel were just destroying them with an occasional yellowfin showing . I tied up my 110 ms anchovy and started searching around , i found a trough maybe after walking close to a half mile , changed up to the 115 mr metallic sardine and Bam ! I'm on on my 2nd cast, and it put up a fight bigger than its size 18.5" 44856 . This guy got me all excited and pumped up so you know how it goes ) i keep fishing this trough for about another 20- 30 minutes and nothing gets tempted . I move on and keep casting . i pick up a couple more shorts in another spot i knew , so i knew they were out there , after an hour and a half of picking through weeds i get a very aggressive take really close to my feet the fish goes half airborne and deffinately looked decent . He didn't really put up a strong fight, beached him , measured 24.5 44857. this photo's not really good enough proof but i wouldn't lie ) the tale s out of the pic too) So i decided to end my day after like 30 minutes and a couple shorts4485844859 .

8/10 I got to the Spot i caught the legal the day before at around 6 am , Conditions looked the same , a little more weedy , a lot of eel grass and small strands of kelp . It was pretty hard to find clean strips and work my bait through them , but i know i did a good job ) lots of shorts , one 21.5 ) a mackerel , couple perch , couple yellowfin , one massive Corbina , all on 110 metallic sardine and aurora black .44866 44860 44861 4486244863 44864 44865 44867
So Yeah guys i adjusted back to LA pretty well ) I am very happy to see a healthy population of hali's in the surf , i love seeing them beautiful peculiar looking bloks) And I'm sorry for not getting the pics in order ) i kind of had a hard tie uploading them first of all )

GhettoBasster
08-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Great job. Thanks for the report and welcome back to LA.

Nipple Twister
08-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Edgar.......that is a awesome report!!!!!! Way to work with what ya got and persevered!!!!!!!!!

Well done and thx for sharing.......... welcome back, coming to HG6?????

basshole1
08-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Better late than never, great numbers Edgar!!! Thanks for the awesome report!!!

Edgar
08-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Hey thanx guys !

SP Dan
08-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Hi ya Edgar,

Excellent Effort Edgar! ...... a.k.a. EEE :ROFL: (sorry for that, the devil :Twisted: made me say that! :LOL: Ha ha ha!) and welcome back to LA!

There is a huge kelp bed up in that area and you were able to persevere the vegetation and produce a very nice bounty ... excellent sessions Edgar!

Thanx for the fishing intel report and a great job on your first posting Sir! :Thumbs Up:

I hope that you are registered for the up coming HG-6 Event and I also hope to see you there! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Edgar
08-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Hey Dan ! EEE was funny ) thanx a lot! It's cool to hear it from a S.W.A.T member ! I've run into that massive bed I it's on the left side of the pier isn't it ? I lost a FM in that forest ! Also tried to fish through the grunion run at the same location yesterday night, I was with a friend , the swell was pretty big ! We found some grunion , but none of the predatory kind.

Wingnut
08-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Congrats on some very productive sessions. :Thumbs Up:
See you at the HG6 event. :Big Grin:

murrieta angler
09-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Very nice sessions Bro!
You found a good hole and let em know that you were there...:Big Grin:
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

Edgar
09-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanx a lot guys! Fished Malibu today again, no butts, but some big perch and yellowfin were on the chew !
All my holes are gone though, looks, and feels like a totally new beach . Water temp felt strangely high , or maybe just my hangover )))

bachiboy
09-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Very cool report! Those were some awesome two day numbers. Sorry to hear the holes have vanished there...I was looking forward to hearing about some more slayage.:Wink: Funny how you'd think the recent big swells would dig more holes, not fill them up. Had the same thing happen to a couple of my favorite haunts earlier this year.

Congrats on your comeback and your big scores!
Don

Edgar
09-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanx bachi boy ) yup , I am stoked not 1, not 2 , ALL ! I'd love some tips from you guys on some areas worth exploring now. I'm currently on vacation have a couple weeks to explore .
PEACE