PDA

View Full Version : Perris Lke watch out

TED MILLS
08-24-2014, 01:00 PM
I am going to the lake tomorrow, got all of my bait ready, now really you know I am crazy but I am going to try Bread and Peanutbutter balls, I just made some, now I have worms and Crippie Bites, and Berkly Rainbow Power bait, so I will be busy, I know grass hoppers, I have tons of them behind the house, I will see, but they die so fast.

see ye Ted

castle
08-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Hey TED, WITH THAT KIND OF BAIT I KNOW YOU CAN SCORE.

old pudd fisher
08-24-2014, 06:05 PM
You might get a nice cat with that kind of bait, let us know and good luck.

TheUltimateFisherman
08-24-2014, 09:13 PM
My dad and I are heading out there tomorrow as well with our fish n dive kayaks. Were not using anything to exciting just some nightcrawlers that are leftover from silverwood and our regular artificial lures for bass fishing. Hope you get a bite. See you there!

old pudd fisher
08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
My dad and I are heading out there tomorrow as well with our fish n dive kayaks. Were not using anything to exciting just some nightcrawlers that are leftover from silverwood and our regular artificial lures for bass fishing. Hope you get a bite. See you there!Hope you tell us about it and good luck to you and your dad to.

crappiemike
08-25-2014, 01:14 AM
I am going to the lake tomorrow, got all of my bait ready, now really you know I am crazy but I am going to try Bread and Peanutbutter balls, I just made some, now I have worms and Crippie Bites, and Berkly Rainbow Power bait, so I will be busy, I know grass hoppers, I have tons of them behind the house, I will see, but they die so fast.

see ye Ted

Hey Teddy I think your a little early for
Your rainbow power bait......()............

Cm

TED MILLS
08-25-2014, 07:03 AM
My dad and I are heading out there tomorrow as well with our fish n dive kayaks. Were not using anything to exciting just some nightcrawlers that are leftover from silverwood and our regular artificial lures for bass fishing. Hope you get a bite. See you there!h Hello hope you have a fun day, if you see a float tube with an American flag flying wave hello

TED

TED MILLS
08-25-2014, 07:07 AM
CM HI , MAYBE SO, BUT I READ IT ON LINE, AND THE PEANUT BUTTER ON BREAD, WILL SEE ALL IS FUN, WILL GO FOR CRICKETS SOON, THEY HAVE A SHORT LIFE SPAN IN MY GAGAGE, SORRY FOR CAPS JUST NOTICED

Thanks for the reply

Ted

TED MILLS
08-25-2014, 07:11 AM
Well I figure if it is slow I can eat the sandwhich

TED MILLS
08-25-2014, 07:13 AM
TED, Cm just called me Teddy, wow, I am going to ask him for an Allowance

Ted

TED MILLS
08-25-2014, 07:31 AM
castle yes I heard the BlueGill love bread, and the Peanut butter will keep the bread on the hook

TED MILLS
08-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Well I went out there and did catch one LMB while trolling, on my Fish Finder screen there were a few schools of fish moving around, the guy on the Beach we call Polar Bear caught a nice small large mouth, I was talking to him when he got the bite, nice fish, he also had a few more fish, even thought they treated the lake last Fri , STONE BLASTING ??? the fish are biting,
I was surprised I got one hit on the bread and peanutbutter sandwhich, I ate the rest.
I left at noon as my reel needed some service but I fixed it upon arrival at home , weather was good, but there was a strong water current , very hard to go in the direction you wanted to go, I will go out one more time this week

See ya
TED

JDS13
08-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Ted im trying to go to perris tomorrow, if I see you in your float tube im running over to ya to see if you want to do a couple laps around the lake to catch a couple fish, im really softy for a float tube and I American flag. I say it will take us an hour or so to hit some spots.

James

Pete Marino
08-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Ted

Its called blue stoning not Stone Blasting hahahaha Copper Sulfate treatment and it was done last weds...not fri...but the bite wasn't affected because its wide open. I was there Fri, Sat and today and we had big bass and big numbers Shallow and deep...

Pete

TED MILLS
08-25-2014, 06:24 PM
I was close Pete , good hearing from you

TED

QB7940
08-25-2014, 06:33 PM
split shot, 2lb line, a tiny hook, and a wax worm. impossible to not catch a blue gill with that set up. wasting your time with all those other baits.

Baja1ab
08-25-2014, 09:14 PM
We were out there Sunday early and my buddy was throwing a Duo Realis spy bait for bass at the dam and ended up catching two HUGE bluegills on it, lol.

Looks like you're having a blast, Ted. :Beer Toast:

old pudd fisher
08-25-2014, 09:55 PM
split shot, 2lb line, a tiny hook, and a wax worm. impossible to not catch a blue gill with that set up. wasting your time with all those other baits.
Yep 2X that.

sodapop
08-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Okay Ted Mills decided to test out your peanut butter and bread on bluegill today.
Have a private lake right next to my house, where I can catch 30 bluegill an hour on worms.

Setup is 4lb test line, size 16 treble hook, and a huge bobber could not find small ones.

1st cast 90 seconds to get bite, a worm usually takes 15 seconds, stole my bait
2nd cast 45 seconds and land a small green sunfish, they really fight
3rd cast bait flies off
4th cast one minute in land a small bluegill
5th cast go deep for the big bluegill to see what happens.

20 seconds in the bobber goes down deep and the drag is going out far,I look for my net its in the house,
I know what I have,
after a huge 10 min battle in which I can not believe my line did not break I see the fish,
Its the same 10lb catfish I caught three times on mackerel the last month. I reach for him and he
snaps my line.

Bread and peanut butter worked okay not as good as worms, but you may land a huge catfish,
however the fish almost bite anything here

fisherman951
08-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Okay Ted Mills decided to test out your peanut butter and bread on bluegill today.
Have a private lake right next to my house, where I can catch 30 bluegill an hour on worms.

Setup is 4lb test line, size 16 treble hook, and a huge bobber could not find small ones.

1st cast 90 seconds to get bite, a worm usually takes 15 seconds, stole my bait
2nd cast 45 seconds and land a small green sunfish, they really fight
3rd cast bait flies off
4th cast one minute in land a small bluegill
5th cast go deep for the big bluegill to see what happens.

20 seconds in the bobber goes down deep and the drag is going out far,I look for my net its in the house,
I know what I have,
after a huge 10 min battle in which I can not believe my line did not break I see the fish,
Its the same 10lb catfish I caught three times on mackerel the last month. I reach for him and he
snaps my line.

Bread and peanut butter worked okay not as good as worms, but you may land a huge catfish,
however the fish almost bite anything here

private lake huh?? mind sharing :Big Grin:

sodapop
08-26-2014, 11:40 PM
FISHERMAN951 do you care to pay some HOA FEES. But most days I would love ninja fishing over the
dumb *** HOA people fishing there

TED MILLS
08-27-2014, 06:19 AM
Very interesting, thanks for the test information, ,I am wanting to get some crickets, I will have to get some, collecting worms for tomorrow.

Thanks again

TED

old pudd fisher
08-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Gills just love crickets Ted and they can live for weeks in a jar with food water and air. I would feed them my Geico Lizard when I had one.

fisherman951
08-27-2014, 07:45 PM
FISHERMAN951 do you care to pay some HOA FEES. But most days I would love ninja fishing over the
dumb *** HOA people fishing there

I sure dont care to pay HOA but if u pay maybe u can invite me

fisherman951
08-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Gills just love crickets Ted and they can live for weeks in a jar with food water and air. I would feed them my Geico Lizard when I had one.

How do u hook the crikets?

old pudd fisher
08-27-2014, 09:17 PM
How do u hook the crikets?
I just hook them behind the head they have like a collar, don't know if that's the best way or not.

fishmounter
08-27-2014, 11:15 PM
I hook them thru the end of their abdomen (tip of their butt).
I do this when using tiny jigs and on bare hooks, which are size 8 circle hooks.

GhettoBasster
08-28-2014, 07:37 PM

Geico Lizard! You're hilarious!

TED MILLS
08-29-2014, 07:05 AM
I am going to go out and buy some crickets

Ted

DEVOREFLYER
08-29-2014, 08:05 AM
I am going to go out and buy some crickets

Ted

Get yourself a "Cricket Carrier" to hold your Crickets in, you will thank me for it. Here is a pic of mine that is over 40 years old, not available in metal today only plastic.

http://i.imgur.com/t91cwX0.jpg

MarkyMark
08-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Get yourself a "Cricket Carrier" to hold your Crickets in, you will thank me for it. Here is a pic of mine that is over 40 years old, not available in metal today only plastic.

http://i.imgur.com/t91cwX0.jpg

Hey, I remember those! My dad had one when I was a kid! I wonder if I looked around my mother's garage I could find it?

MM