PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of the lizardfish at Belmont Veterans Pier!!

jicasiano
08-23-2014, 03:38 AM
I went to Belmont Pier last Wednesday morning in hopes of catching some bonito. I threw a Kroc for a few hours and caught some mackerel and loads of lizardfish!! Everyone was catching lizardfish from the end of the pier all the way to the surf. Where are all these lizardfish coming from? When I was a little kid all the way to my adolescent years, lizardfish was an uncommon catch. Now I can't keep them off my hook!! The bonito never showed up that day.

DockRat
08-23-2014, 06:42 AM
They are thick. I caught and released one the other day.
It bounced extremely hard off the rocks. :Death2Above:
DR

castle
08-23-2014, 10:44 AM
wow, I only used to catch them in the winter1

jicasiano
08-23-2014, 11:15 AM
They are everywhere at Belmont Pier. Whether I slow roll the kroc just off the bottom or burn it on the top, you can literally see them trying to hook themselves. It was very annoying catching one on every cast.

fish4life
08-23-2014, 07:01 PM
You could always keep a few for live bait. I hear they make excellent bait for monster butts.

TUNAVIC
08-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Awesome baits for halibut,and will survive in a wet rag for long time!
Cya Tuna Vic 44855

SP Dan
08-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Hi ya jicasiano,

I agree with TUNAVIC that they can make:

"Awesome baits for halibut, and will survive in a wet rag for long time"!
So next time .... pin a slimmer on and be ready for the possibilities to occur!

Personally ..... I don't even handle them any more .... I just shake those slippery slimmers off my LC hooks using my needle nose pliers!

Bottom line ...... you gave it your best :Guns: battle soldier .... you were just over-ran by the huge numbers that the enemy had deployed against you!

Thanks for the fish report and I hope to see you at HG-6! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

fishshep
08-25-2014, 07:12 AM
Hi ya jicasiano,

I agree with TUNAVIC that they can make:

"Awesome baits for halibut, and will survive in a wet rag for long time"!
So next time .... pin a slimmer on and be ready for the possibilities to occur!

Personally ..... I don't even handle them any more .... I just shake those slippery slimmers off my LC hooks using my needle nose pliers!

Bottom line ...... you gave it your best :Guns: battle soldier .... you were just over-ran by the huge numbers that the enemy had deployed against you!

Thanks for the fish report and I hope to see you at HG-6! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

battle soldier ...." you were just over-ran by the huge numbers that the enemy had deployed against you! "

:LOL::LOL: That made me laugh !!! Put the Hacthet to them and throw them for Chum !!! :LOL: